C4 Forums | Control4

Kwikset Locks

Time2Jet

Hi All -

I’m trying to add 2 - C4 Zigbee locks to my system. Kwiksets are already showing in the system, (since at the time of my original setup my integrator thought he was adding the correct Kwickset zigbee format locks), but I’m not sure how to get them to recognize. I have tried pressing the A button 4x and it’s not seeming to work. Any thoughts? Also, do these Kwickset zigbees work with Alexa (native) like my existing Kwickset zigbees? Or are the C4 versions not compatible?

I hope that wasn’t confusing. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I guess I was confused since they’re already in the project. Mitch - This is what I meant when I mentioned “clean up” a few weeks ago.

As for Alexa native control? Any idea on these Kwiksets, Mitch?

I have to add a HUE hub this weekend and depending upon how much time I end up having at home, I might add my fireplace relay and even the garage door hardware. (Both C4-Z2io). Maybe if I get that all done, I can ask you to add all of that Mitch?

And I have no idea on Alexa and kwikset. Google is your friend

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

On this one, Google isn’t my friend. It doesn’t look like they’ll work with Alexa native. I’m about to call Kwikset

When will you have time to add them and my HUE hub? I can at least get those in my setup until I finish the garage and Fireplace.

I was the guest speaker at my dealer’s Friday morning sales meeting yesterday. We’re going to be doing a quarterly swap/meet, knowledge share, etc. Pretty good stuff. I’m about to have full access to Composer etc and a crash course to hold me over until I can carve out vacation time to go to C4 to train. They just got a new C4 rep and he’s needing to go to training with me. So, the goal is I can admin this new Western PA group. We talked about you and they would very much consider having you consult for a fee. They are launching a C4 subscription service for their C4 clients. It’ll give them 1 hr of remote support a month, a 2hr onsite tech visit a year and a 1 hour update/consult a year for $499 or $49/mo. It will also cover network issues (most of their installs are Packedge and the likes). You could maybe decide to cover some hours or consult with their techs at your leisure.

I like the new group of owners. They’re young guys that see the future. Right now, they’re burdened by an older owner that hasn’t embraced the paradigm shift from A/V to automation. He’s a great guy, but old school audiophile.

Someday, we’ll look at our old posts and laugh.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.