C4 Forums | Control4

Turn off room on pause

Audio zone stays on all the time if paused so room always shows on unless powered off via app.  If I put in programming for when digital media gets "pause" command to wait 5 minutes and shut off.  This shuts the zone off but will shut the room down anytime pause command is received.  How can I make it so that if I hit pause then there is some sort of conditional where if I press play again within 5 minutes it wont shut off the room?  I setup a timer and I got the programming started by starting the time when the pause command is received but I don't know how to do the rest?

16 minutes ago, Control-IT said:

Audio zone stays on all the time if paused so room always shows on unless powered off via app.  If I put in programming for when digital media gets "pause" command to wait 5 minutes and shut off.  This shuts the zone off but will shut the room down anytime pause command is received.  How can I make it so that if I hit pause then there is some sort of conditional where if I press play again within 5 minutes it wont shut off the room?  I setup a timer and I got the programming started by starting the time when the pause command is received but I don't know how to do the rest?

You need to build in the logic as you just described. If anything happens in that room that you’d want to stop the timer from running, then stop the timer when those actions happen. 

Remember too that with timers, you almost always “restart” instead of “start”. Restart sets it back to the default time while start picks up wherever you left off. 

12 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

You need to build in the logic as you just described. If anything happens in that room that you’d want to stop the timer from running, then stop the timer when those actions happen. 

Remember too that with timers, you almost always “restart” instead of “start”. Restart sets it back to the default time while start picks up wherever you left off. 

It is the specifics of those next commands that I don't know how to do.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.