C4 Forums | Control4

New controllers

adam333

I highly doubt they would release a new controller, remote control, T4, and OS 3.1 all at once. I would think too many risks for that kind of hardware changes with software changes and not enough time to test everything. Would guess controllers stay, possibly remote now or Feb, and T4 likely with the new OS 3.1 which apparently is but isn't in beta ;) Disclaimer I only know what I have read on these boards. I have no inside access. 

6 hours ago, RyanE said:

Not confirming or denying, but if you were included as part of any theoretical beta, this single line would break the beta agreement, and if you're not part of a beta, someone telling you this would be breaking their beta agreement...

RyanE

Not being a dealer, I can’t comment on any agreements, NDAs etc... but I can say that there is another thread in this forum where numerous people (including C4 employees) have posted on the speed of the OS3 app and the fact that the next version (in Beta) is much faster.  I guess that this could be IOS only and not a full new OS or it could be OS4 and not OS3.1...  But my guess based on history is that anything that is not in Beta is OS3.1

• 4 weeks later...

So no new controllers (at least not EA replacements), but there is starting to be a gap between what is supported on HC and EA (Apple Bridge, etc).  If I've held onto my two HC800's this long, I'm not upgrading now with something that is 4 years old without a better indication of when the same thing will happen again (reduced functionality in legacy controllers)...

18 hours ago, turls said:

So no new controllers (at least not EA replacements), but there is starting to be a gap between what is supported on HC and EA (Apple Bridge, etc).  If I've held onto my two HC800's this long, I'm not upgrading now with something that is 4 years old without a better indication of when the same thing will happen again (reduced functionality in legacy controllers)...

There's no reason to upgrade if what you have is working well for you.  I'm planning on getting a CA-10, because with the number of touchscreens, lighting devices, and Driverworks drivers I have, I think it would make some difference in the responsiveness of my system.

Of course, as an employee, the math is different for my value calculations.

RyanE

23 hours ago, turls said:

Keep waiting for the perfect time to buy the latest & greatest, and you’ll never have to buy anything.

39 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Why buy a new iPhone? You know there will be a new one next year...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

this isnt the same. the release cycles are different. more comparable to buying a macbook as their release cycles are around 4 years. You wouldnt buy a new macbook on year 3 of its cycle if historically they release new ones every 4 years.

1 minute ago, therockhr said:

this isnt the same. the release cycles are different. more comparable to buying a macbook as their release cycles are around 4 years. You wouldnt buy a new macbook on year 3 of its cycle if historically they release new ones every 4 years.

no, there are updates annually....Late 2016, mid 2017, mid 2018, and now mid-2019

2 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

no, there are updates annually....Late 2016, mid 2017, mid 2018, and now mid-2019

touche but it doesnt matter....the point is you dont want to buy something at the end of its life cycle. you dont buy an iphone the month before the new one usually comes out.

Just now, therockhr said:

touche but it doesnt matter....the point is you dont want to buy something at the end of its life cycle. you dont buy an iphone the month before the new one usually comes out.

unless you are hunting for deals....there is a part of the market that does

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.