C4 Forums | Control4

Switches/Dimmers/Keypads

Time2Jet

Hi All.

I run a C4 System (EA5)in my home for A/V, Lighting, Fireplace, TStat, door locks, garage doors and soon security, door station and bulbs.  I'm about to add OSD with EA1's locally to 1 of my video zones. 

I have a house full of Caseta, but I never automated the Bathroom or Closet Lighting (Closets are on occupancy sensor switches now and may stay that way). At the time I started my project, I was limited to 50 Caseta devices, but I have the Pro Bridge, which supports 75, so now I have room for more.

I'm about to try to automate those area's lighting and at the same time try to enhance my Zigbee Pro mesh.  I do like Caseta, it works really well and integrates fine.  I just found out that the Pico's can be programmed as wireless keypad buttons (please let me know if I am mistaken).  Pico's are really cheap and easy to mount and they do tend to work well in my Caseta system.  But Caseta does nothing for enhancing my Zigbee Pro mesh.  So... I considered one C4 Switch/Keypad in each bathroom together with 2-4 Casetas?  I just don't know which model will allow for a lighting load and a keypad?  I know the squares will, but I want decora.  

Thanks always for the help all!

10 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

yes they can be used to trigger Control4 programming.  If trying to get a good zigbee mesh (without buying all Control4 lighting), then your best bet is to use C4 keypads or keypad dimmers along with caseta dimmers/switches.

That's excellent advice.  You are confirming my thinking.  How would I know which color of C4 matches best to Caseta?  I think that's been asked before, I couldn't find that post.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.