C4 Forums | Control4

IP Cams motion sensitivity not changing

pinkoos

Hi, I have 4 Lilin IP cams connected to my system without an NVR

I was playing around with the web interface for each cam and was setting up motion notifications

I got them successfully setup to send me an email with a snapshot image when motion is detected, but one cam in particular is firing off numerous emails because there's always some shrubs in the view that move with the slightest breeze

I've already changed the dwell time to one second, but I'm still getting tons of notifications, particularly for that one camera

The motion sensitivity is set at the default of 57 and I want to change that (it says that 99=low and 1=high or something like that)

The problem is that I can change the value, but it doesn't stick

I change it to, say, 1 from the drop down menu and "submit" it, but then it just goes back to 57

Does anybody have any idea on what's going on and/or another suggestion to prevent the cams (particularly that one cam) from firing off so many emails?

Thank you

Edited by pinkoos

So I'm trying to follow the directions in that link, but I can get the camera view with grid overlay in the setup screen where it should be

The camera view is just not there

I'm using Chrome on a Mac

Safari says I don't have the plug-in which I suspect is Flash

I've allowed Flash in Chrome and so I'm not sure why it's not showing up

Thanks, I think I had came across something similar, but found it very difficult to figure out what firmware applied to my cams (LR7022)

I believe my current firmware is from 2015, but I can't tell if there's a more recent firmware for LR7022

No luck with the update

Actually, I was a bit wary of doing the update b/c my cam is currently at 1.4.58 so 1.4.122 seemed like a step backwards (despite the date listed as 2018)

Regardless, I went ahead and ran the update and once it was all done and the camera rebooted, the firmware still showed as being 1.4.58

So, not sure what's going on, but thank you for the link of the firmware updates you had provided

Hmm.. I would consider activating bootcamp on your Mac and install windows 10. Or finding another PC with an updated version of windows 7 or higher with IE11.

Lilin wrote their camera web gui to interact with Internet Explorer 11.  Nothing else works properly.

Edge / Chrome won't do it.  Look at the  firmware release notes.. they constantly mention firmware fixes in relation to IE updates.

No luck updating the firmware on a PC - it looks like it's updating, but after the camera reboots, it's still 1.4.58

I'm still not sure which is the later firmware - 1.4.58 or 1.4.122

Anyway, thanks for the help, looks like I may just be out of luck unless I can get in touch with Lilin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.