C4 Forums | Control4

Denon X8500H Control

Time2Jet

Happy Sunday!

I’m integrating an X8500H Wednesday. It replaces an X3500H just because I’ve added speakers to a 7.2.4 setup.

I’m wanting to know if it’s possible to program to activate a “Custom” setting. This will be set up in the Denon, but I need a way to activate the setting when streaming music.

I know that power, volume, mini apps and switching are nicely integrated, just don’t know if the driver permits further programming.

PS: The Denon X3500 is for sale for $500 shipped USA. Only used since late March. Audyssey mic and box contents never even opened.

Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which setting are you trying to activate?

Hey @LollerAgent Thanks.

I’ll have a Custom profile set up for a particular input (C4). I use the native streaming music apps on the EA5, so I’d like that input to play the Custom profile without having to go back to the rack every time I steam music.

So - you can select the sound mode in programming.  I'm not quite sure what a custom profile is (and I have all Denon AVR's!), but here is a screenshot of what you can do in programming:
image.png.f7617c357e4702d24c0e0643773d5ba9.png
If you select "Surround Sound," you see the following options.. perhaps one of these is a profile?
image.png.193983798f5977881fefe20b3ba62bcc.png 

Thanks @LollerAgent this looks like exactly what I want. I should have looked first.

It appears that each input can be set to a Surround profile. In my case, that would be a preprogrammed Quick Select.

This way, even though my AV programming has a pair of 600m’s as heights or wides, I will set them for my EA5 input to enhance the volume of this pair in a multichannel stereo setup.

Looks perfect. Thanks!

No prob - so you're basically just turning on multi-channel stereo when the AVR is on your C4 input.. so that streaming music comes through all channels?

Well, sort of. I’m hoping to set a Quick Select custom profile that is multichannel stereo, but adds dB to my front heights or wides. Long story. (That pair are fairly nice sounding speakers, but because of the room layout, I had to use a 60” Episode ES-550 Soundbar). In the A/V setup the L/R of the Soundbar will be fronts. I have struggled over this because I have a new pair of Klipsch RP-600m’s that I preferred to use for 2-Channel music. It’s confusing and I’ve had a hard time articulating.

I have the 8500 and Denon is great about having full integration. Have not found a feature I can't program yet.

Thanks Matt. That said, are you able to use and control the Denon OSD with a C4 Remote. Haven’t tried that.

Just now, time2jet said:

Thanks Matt. That said, are you able to use and control the Denon OSD with a C4 Remote. Haven’t tried that.

sure does but from the remote only. the mobile app will just bring up the surround sound selections. This was imperative as my AVRS are in my rack in my office and not controllable via ir remote from the living room.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.