C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - RoomMe Driver adds person specific room occupancy detection 

alanchow

Chowmain%20Logo%20Transparent%20Medium.png 

Chowmain - RoomMe Driver adds person specific room occupancy detection

RoomMe Identifies who’s in a room by Smart Phones and automates lights, temperature and other room settings to the people in it. RoomMe enables you to do magic in your home by creating personalized charms that trigger based on your room location, time and date, so room light, temperature and music are set to your pre-defined preferences. 

Features

• Room Enter Event 
  • Room Exit Event 
  • Battery Low Event 
  • Powered Up Event 
  • User Name Variable - The user’s name. Use with Room Enter and Room Exit events to narrow down which user the event is tied to. 
  • Room Name Variable - The room’s name. Use with Room Enter and Room Exit events to narrow down which room the event is tied to. 
  • Sensor ID Variable - The sensor’s ID 
  • Last In Room Variable - Used to determine if the room is empty or not. 
  • In Control Variable - Used to determine if the person who entered / exited should be in control of the room. 

FAQ 

Where can i purchase the hardware 
Check out the roomme website for more information and to purchase the hardware. 

https://www.getroomme.com/ 

How do I find out more information about the driver? 
Please see the links below for more information about the driver. 

Chowmain Website 

Installation Guide 

How do I buy the driver? 
This driver can be purchased from our distributor driverCentral. 

Download Driver / Purchase Licence 

Who do i contact for technical support? 
We have two support desks. One in Australia and one in the US. Click on the link below for details. 

Support 

Do you provide trial licences? 
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 7 day trial. 
RoomMe.png 

3 hours ago, turls said:

Finally!  Bluetooth beacon technology, and it's integrated with Control4.  I'll be looking forward to hearing about how well this works for Control4 users, and all the cool integrations people come up with.

I've been watching these for some time and had talked to them about the API several times.  Apparently they had development stuff going on in the background...

I really like the concept of these but think they really need to shrink the size down, make them flush mount, or hidden somehow.  Right now they appear to be at least the size of a smoke detector if not slightly larger.  Hopefully they come up with a more design friendly version soon. 

On 8/26/2019 at 8:03 PM, cdepaola said:

I've been watching these for some time and had talked to them about the API several times.  Apparently they had development stuff going on in the background...

I really like the concept of these but think they really need to shrink the size down, make them flush mount, or hidden somehow.  Right now they appear to be at least the size of a smoke detector if not slightly larger.  Hopefully they come up with a more design friendly version soon. 

Agree 100% it’s a bulky MF! It’s larger than a regular smoke detector for sure I wish they can shrink it to Ubiquity AP size or smaller, why do they need all this size for!  Pricy as well, you will need 12 or more at least to cover a full house.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed 3.1 last night to check out some changes and on this driver it says connected to cloud, but cloud driver doesn't pick it up, and cannot see it in drivercentral portal either. For possibly similar reasons (being on an updated version that's only a few hours old) I had some difficulties getting the app to connect to the Control4 server.

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2019 at 8:09 AM, jlemonakis said:

I installed 3.1 last night to check out some changes and on this driver it says connected to cloud, but cloud driver doesn't pick it up, and cannot see it in drivercentral portal either. For possibly similar reasons (being on an updated version that's only a few hours old) I had some difficulties getting the app to connect to the Control4 server.

Did you get a chance experiment with these any further?

From a dealer standpoint I would definitely pass. This would only be for clients that are already technically inclined and understand the difference between experimental and stable, third party vs certified etc. I'm enjoying playing around with them as well as a couple of my co-workers. For a programmer or anyone on this board I would say I probably recommend them for a personal system in conjunction with other sensors. I have three in my house at the moment but I feel like it really works best as a percentage of overall sensors. They would really add to security and motion sensors, and actually probably best used as a fallback for motion lighting so that the room knows that someone is still there (motionless/sleeping for example). For room entry it doesn't seem to be super consistent (sometimes 20ms, and sometimes like 2s) and seems like it depends on if your phone has a wake lock or not. So it shouldn't be relied on for lighting or anything that requires consistent instant feedback. 

The basic layout for programming I was playing with to test them, is to essentially have a "follow me" toggle experience button, each room having an "occupancy" variable to act as a container for the roomme variables as they come in. When toggle is active when roomme sends entry events, I use that to set the room variable true, but also use the entry to set the others (only other roomme interior rooms) as false (other than the garage for example) so as not to rely on roomme's sometimes inconsistent exit events. The exit isn't as well defined as the entry even if you calibrate it multiple times. 

I have noticed though once in a while even if you're sitting in one spot under the sensor it will still show that you left the room and re-entered. 

Then you just tie light loads to the variables with the conditional being the experience button is on. You could just tie that to a keypad button or something if you wanted a physical button somewhere to toggle. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.