C4 Forums | Control4

Control C4 via https, use alternative devices for remotes?

What do you think about controlling your C4 system via customizable https pages?

giphy.gif

Would you find this useful?  

Here is how it could work:

1. You would design your control / display screen using our Splash-tiles cloud service.  It has a drag/drop design gui for all your tiles. 
  2. For C4 commands, you would just add the tile, select your colors/labels/icons, and include the event name & data to send
  3. In the C4 driver we provide, you can attach the events to programming to make things happen

Basically an easily customizable interface that works on any device with a web browser.  On Android, it would use our app so you don't need bookmarks.

In my home, I would use it on tablets to provide both quick controls with photos or calendar data display (wall mounted devices).

It could also support posting text or image data back to your web based displays (temp, alerts, etc).

The Splash-tiles service itself is either free (ad supported) or ~$75/year.  The C4 driver would be free.  It wouldn't use 4sight so it could also be a way to (securely) control things when away from home.

What do you think?  Should we build this?  Would it add value to your installs?  Is there already a better way?

control_example.png

This would be beneficial for commercial installs that control several tvs and audio sources. Change rooms is not exact time saving.  Do love the customization and im sure this is something many of the more advanced users here would love to use. If you need help testing more  would love it in my own home as i jump between rooms so often.

• 4 weeks later...
I'll post the beta driver here when it is ready next week.
You can get started by setting up a free account at splash-tiles.com and creating the screens you will use.
Use the "NetPlay command" or "NetPlay slider" tiles for commands and the "push data display" tiles for data feedback.
Thanks so much, looking forward to trying it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Driver version 3 is now online.  It includes support for the new SimpleC4 Alexa skill  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YLRSQR8/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=simplec4&qid=1569957824&s=digital-skills&sr=1-1   which is also now available.

Try it out and don't forget to let me know what isn't working.

Next up is a List Navigation tile.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.