C4 Forums | Control4

Blue Iris only showing static images on C4 devices

I'm able to use the compatibility test driver directly with all my ip cameras and the live feeds are good in all C4 Navs. 

It's the C4 Blue Iris driver that needs some work.  When you do a Camera Test with the Houselogix Blue Iris driver, you get this message "URL obscured by the driver developer/manufacturer. Contact them for further support".  Regardless, the tests pass, except for the H.264 url and this message displays:

Address:port verified.
Verifying URL ...
URL not verified: Your GStreamer installation is missing a plug-in.
Test failed.

The url's are hidden supposedly to protect their driver.

Ok to get around the GStreamer issue (I had the same issue and posted the issue and fix two day ago) go to BI settings for BI not for a camera. Then go to users tab and enable the anonymous account. While I hate doing this with a passion it worked. Looks like it needs it and all the tests pass:) I still get static full pics on Android. Going to poke around now

3 hours ago, ILoveControl said:

Ok to get around the GStreamer issue (I had the same issue and posted the issue and fix two day ago) go to BI settings for BI not for a camera. Then go to users tab and enable the anonymous account. While I hate doing this with a passion it worked. Looks like it needs it and all the tests pass:) I still get static full pics on Android. Going to poke around now

I'm in BI Users tab and I don't see an anonymous account.  Do I have to add this account?  The only account I see in BI Users is 'local_console" and the "control4" account I created to get the driver to work.

I have the exact same problem - static images on T3.  I switched to the generic camera driver and still only get a still image.  I even lowered resolution to 480.  I attached an image of my URLs and settings.  I did edit the driver so that H264 goes over HTTP vs RTSP (it was just a setting in the XML file).

Image 9-2-19 at 8.37 PM.jpg

3 hours ago, JEC said:

I have the exact same problem - static images on T3.  I switched to the generic camera driver and still only get a still image.  I even lowered resolution to 480.  I attached an image of my URLs and settings.  I did edit the driver so that H264 goes over HTTP vs RTSP (it was just a setting in the XML file).

Image 9-2-19 at 8.37 PM.jpg

Hi JEC - so did you get it to work after you edited the driver so that H264 goes over HTTP vs RTSP or do you still have the issue?

I am starting to think its got to do with the following, unfortunately its something C4 either has to advise or fix.

Advise: how each navigator works or what stream it needs. So driver vendors can adapt or change drivers.

Fix:

It seems like different OS have different requirements and could be how they interpret streams.

Example:

iOS all works as expected.

Same config on Android we experience the issue we currently have. Given the T3s are just a distro of Android its having the same issue.

If you remove all the different factors tested on Android devices:

Multiple drivers tested - same result

Configs on BI almost all exhausted - same result

Some OS work - iOS for example ( I am running the beta)

Blueiris mobile app works as expected

Blueiris web works as expected

Blueiris app works as expected

So unless we figure something out which unfortunately I doubt given the type of issue, I would hope C4 will sort this out.

I have the latest unifi NVR going to add a stream or two there and test. I cant find the generic camera driver can anyone post which one it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13 hours ago, dirtyceo said:

Hi JEC - so did you get it to work after you edited the driver so that H264 goes over HTTP vs RTSP or do you still have the issue?

Nope - get the exact same behavior.  Works perfect on the App and in Composter - but only still image on the T3.

Ok so done extensive testing. 

BlueIris:

1. Works on all interfaces with all links that are applicable i.e. Snapshot, MJPEG, H264 and cameras that support H265
    1. i.e. VLC
    2. i.e. Link in any browser

ispy (like Blue Iris)

1. Works perfectly on all the interfaces as above (BI)
  2. Doesn't work at all generic driver
  3. Doesn't work of course in BI driver.

Control4:

1. The Generic driver - doesn't work. However I think its an issue of how the driver builds the URL 
  2. The BlueIris driver - Works as we have been describing. 

My View:

1. It is a driver issue
    1. Why
      1. It is either mincing up the URL or using the wrong URL
        1. Due to updates to Bl

If all other interfaces work this points to BI. Unless we get a new driver that is well built and we can specify the URL we want to use and all it does is:

1. Uses the interface to specify the ip, port username and password. 
  2. Then allows us to specify which link for which type of view
    1. Then doesnt mash up the URL
    2. Shows us the URL it is creating (not like the BI driver - have NO idea why they encrypted the URL, this would of helped us trouble shoot better)
      1. Any dealer know the driver manufacture maybe he can update and unlock those fields
  3. Supports all the protocols -
    1. Snapshot url (then you could use these as well in the notification driver, the BI driver does not expose this)
    2. MJPEG
    3. H264
    4. H265 (for cameras or BI) that supports this.

For reference there is the URL's that I managed to get that the blueiris driver uses:

HiokvisionCam.png

Edited by ILoveControl
Added URL BI driver

12 hours ago, dcovach said:

I spoke with Tech support and passed along this discussion.  Hopefully someone at C4 can look into this with some success or provide more info on how to make the integration work properly.

dcovach - I saw and replied to your other post about Security Spy for Mac.  Considering all the issues with getting BI to work in C4, do you think SecuritySpy integration with C4 is the best route for what we're trying to do?  Simply put, I want to get my Unifi Protect cameras into C4 to show the thumbnail view and then live video for the camera I select.  

17 minutes ago, dirtyceo said:

dcovach - I saw and replied to your other post about Security Spy for Mac.  Considering all the issues with getting BI to work in C4, do you think SecuritySpy integration with C4 is the best route for what we're trying to do?  Simply put, I want to get my Unifi Protect cameras into C4 to show the thumbnail view and then live video for the camera I select.  

I really don't know.  I suggest taking advantage of the demo period of Security Spy and try out a couple cameras.   Make sure your Mac meets the requirements.  Usually a recommended PC for Blue Iris is a lot cheaper than a Mac.... unless you can find a quality refurbished Mac for your own system.

@dcovach My opinion is BI is used by million of users. I think if C4 is up to it we should work with them to improve the lacking ( don’t want to use poor as I want to be positive here), implementation of cameras in the navigators. 

I feel that we have done every bit of testing possible on the client. It would really need C4 to step in now and help us. 

I know for one I would be up to supplying tech support with whatever logs etc they need. 

@LollerAgent indeed BI can expose any resolution that the camera can support and that the client (your interface) can view. My cameras I can use VLC or a browser to view full 2868 x 1xxx ( cant remember the second number). The image is crystal clear and the streaming it perfect from BI.

@dirtyceo I honestly do not think this is a BI issue as all other interfaces work. Chasing other interfaces will yield the same result. 

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.