C4 Forums | Control4

Where do you professionals get your TVs for your customers?

JakeFromSF

12 minutes ago, cdepaola said:

Are you an approved dealer of the TV you were quoting?  It should be fairly easy to get a price on any TV your need if your an approved dealer, generally takes me about a 30 second phone call to get my current price. 

Unfortunately not yet. Where do you recommend I start looking to become a dealer for TVs?

19 minutes ago, JakeFromSF said:

Unfortunately not yet. Where do you recommend I start looking to become a dealer for TVs?

Typically its distributors you're already working with...  All of mine, such as Avad, Allnet, and some of the buying groups, carry at least one of the major brands.  I have some redundancy with Samsung as all of the distributors carry them, then Sony, LG, etc may be at one and not another.

If your just starting to secure distributors then be prepared to provide business and re-seller licenses to them with your applications. 

As long as it plays tv. Integrates with c4, is the right size then most people I know could care less of anything else. Comcast has youtube and Netflix these days so no real need for any of the tv features. So alot of my friends go for the cheapest options and spend money on better audio components or speakers. Staying within a few brands. Lg Samsung.  I have a ton of tvs in my project and I only got 1 tv from my dealer and out of all the tvs only my dealer tv has been replaced 3 times by Sony.  Within 1 year.  I decided to change one of my 55” and I got a Costco Samsung tv for 349 since that week they had like 50 off at the register  i hooked it back up added the ir and everything worked like nothing happened. It was great. I don’t even plug in internet to the tvs since I can’t stand getting software update requests.  

For some that’s what matters, for others they want picture quality AND audio.

Myself I just bought an 85” 950g, wanted a master class but the quality to cost ratio is way off.

Buy from a small local dealer and you should get a good price and way better service if/when needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.