C4 Forums | Control4

rgbw lighting help

daveva

I have 30 rgbw led spotlights connected to control4 through a engineering solutions DMX controller. Also using the domaudo driver. The problem that I am having is with one light  that it constantly pulsates. I have changed the controller, the light, the wire, the network cable  and nothing seems to fix it the problem. Im going to attach a file to show my system and the light pulsating. If anyone has any idea as to what could be the problem your input wold be much appreciated. Thanks

Have you tried hooking that light up directly to your decoder at the head end, eliminating any outdoor wiring?  Tried swapping that light with a known working light, to see if the flicker persists?

There's only so many causes to problems with DMX.  Since it looks like you're using "dumb" fixtures, the sources of problems can be narrowed down fast.

Problem sources: Light fixture, wiring, power supply, decoder and DMX controller.  One of these is your problem.

Thank you I will try your suggestions. But I’m just about eliminated everything. I’m baffled by this. Any chance It could be a possible glitch in the driver.  One thing I forgot to mention earlier in my first post is if I run a solid color as in blue red or green it does not fliker Thanks

If it's a glitch in the driver, I've never seen it before and use this system daily as well.  Nor has there been any complaints like this.  I doubt it's the driver.

So I just watched your video again.  Are you saying this only happens when RGB value is 255,255,255 (aka faux white)??  Faux white emits the most lumens as that is all channels driven at 100%.

When you change to solid color modes, the flickering goes away?

Grasping at straws at this point if you've verified everything above.  I'd suggest trying the DMX terminator at the decoder.  Sometimes when you have a lot of fixtures over a DMX line, it can cause silly issues like this.

Google "RJ45 DMX terminator", since you're daisy chaining the DMX signal through CAT cable to all your decoders.  That would get installed in the "DMX Out" port of that last decoder in your chain.  Here's a video that shows you how: 

58 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

Personally, I’d try swapping that particular decoder. 

I have changed the decoder twice. They were both new decoders. I changed it twice just in case one of the new decoders may have been defective. I have also swapped decoders with a working decoader in my setup and ended with the same flicker. This is the most baffling problem I have ever encountered. I'm telling you it's irritating and almost comical at the same time.

5 hours ago, lippavisual said:

Can you post the make/model of your lights and decoders please??

So basically any RGB value, with W at 0, works no problem and no flickering.  It's only when you set W to any value, you get the flicker??  Is that correct?

Here are the lights and decoders.the landscape lights are comlite which I purchased from alibaba.  Answer to your second question is yes.

Item Power Color Beam Angle Input Voltage Power Lumen
A3BG0122 1X6W RGBW 4in1 A23/30° 24VDC 6.1w 213lm

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.