C4 Forums | Control4

Epic Systems - Alexa Stopped Working

30 minutes ago, jfh said:

Try powercycling your Echo and the C4 controller.

I'm still using the first echo dots.  The driver doesn't seem to be working today.  It's been working fine for a long time since yesterday but not today.  None of the devices will discover either.  Tried forgetting them all re-discovering with no luck.

Was there a firmware update to the echo's?

1 hour ago, chopedogg88 said:

You mean our v2 driver? And did that work for you? Haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

yes deleting the 180 driver and adding the new v2 and reprogramming to a new echo dot not the first gen got me back up. i did not test it with the first gen as i wanted to remove it from my system.

18 hours ago, Topfox said:

All my triggers are showing and the device it is tagged to shows as being online with the IP I assigned it.  However if I go into the Alexa app it shows all my triggers as a state of Server Not Responding.  Any ideas?

14 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

Yes Amazon did push out an update and we have received several reports yesterday and today about the update breaking the connectivity with our v180 driver. We are actively looking into it.

Good to hear you are looking into it.

On 9/8/2019 at 10:07 PM, jackstiffer said:

yes deleting the 180 driver and adding the new v2 and reprogramming to a new echo dot not the first gen got me back up. i did not test it with the first gen as i wanted to remove it from my system.

Can you further explain...., I have driver version 110. I also have multiple Echo Devices, 1st, 2nd, 3rd... Gen and so on. In C4 the driver is set to an original Gen 1 Echo dot.  Could we / one not just change the IP in the driver settings to a newer Gen model?  Would that work @chopedogg88? If not...do we have to change / update the IP of the Echo device to a non Gen 1 model....then reprogram and rediscover all triggers?  Any advice is appreciated. 

Also @jackstiffer what was your original Echo model, and what model did you upgrade to? Thanks. 

2 hours ago, becnel51 said:

Can you further explain...., I have driver version 110. I also have multiple Echo Devices, 1st, 2nd, 3rd... Gen and so on. In C4 the driver is set to an original Gen 1 Echo dot.  Could we / one not just change the IP in the driver settings to a newer Gen model?  Would that work @chopedogg88? If not...do we have to change / update the IP of the Echo device to a non Gen 1 model....then reprogram and rediscover all triggers?  Any advice is appreciated. 

Also @jackstiffer what was your original Echo model, and what model did you upgrade to? Thanks. 

no the 110 driver is not compatable with the new echo units. i went from a first gen dot to a 3rd gen with the v2 driver

Major thanks to @jackstiffer, I can confirm the following for all (*** Specifically for those running C4 OS 3.0, very important ***)

- Upgrading to the V2 Driver does work.... and yes you must completely remove the old driver, and upload the new one.

- You do lose all programming and triggers as @chopedogg88 has stated, so save / backup all your info elsewhere before removing the old driver and uploading the new one (makes reprogramming easier also). At least for me it made things much easier, as I have over 100 triggers / verbal commands. 

- As a precaution I would also backup C4 before doing any of this, and copy the Activation key for the Epic Systems Echo Driver (you'll need this to activate the V2 Driver)

- Lastly, I did set the IP of my Echo device to a newer model (not Gen 1), not sure if this was necessary... But I can 100% confirm all Gen 1 / Legacy devices will / do work. I'm able to give all voice commands to a Gen 1 Echo Dot, and everything functions as it should. 

- Might also be a good idea to reboot the C4 controller, after all updating / programming / testing. Old habit, I guess. Hope this helps someone...time to sleep.

I have been trying to get my gen2 dot to update to a newer firmware but can't seem to force it to update. Tried muting it for over an hour. Anyone know how to force it?

I did work with a customer and can confirm that the v2 (200) driver does work with a Gen 2 dot which has been updated to the newer firmware.

12 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

I have been trying to get my gen2 dot to update to a newer firmware but can't seem to force it to update. Tried muting it for over an hour. Anyone know how to force it?

I did work with a customer and can confirm that the v2 (200) driver does work with a Gen 2 dot which has been updated to the newer firmware.

try factory resetting the device.

I have the 110 driver but haven't noticed anything other than maybe some lag this past week.  I had just updated to 3.0 firmware on C4 as well.  Do I need to update my Echo driver at this time to the newest version?  If you upgrade/update the driver, how is this done firstly and then how do I save all of my previously programmed verbal commands as I have a huge list of commands I've programmed for this driver.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.