C4 Forums | Control4

Epic Systems - Alexa Stopped Working

The issue is that if your Dots happen to upgrade to the latest firmware, then the driver will stop working and you'll need to use the v2 driver to work on the new firmware (for Gen 2 Dots) and/or Gen 3 echo devices.  As of now (due to some changes Control4 made on their end with the way data is stored on the controller), you'll need to uninstall the old v110/180 driver and then add the v2 driver.  We are working on writing a conversion so that the driver can be upgraded "in-place" but no guarantee on that.

v180 driver works fine in OS3 as long as the Dot being used for driver communication is on the old firmware (641575220).

v2 works on firmware 644580520

1 hour ago, Topfox said:

I set up the new driver, connected to the echo dot I was connected to before, created my triggers, but now they aren’t being discovered during discovery. Any thoughts?

The driver is probably still the v180 driver.  For some reason it has been a bit tricky getting the new v2 driver to take.  Try right-clicking on the driver and selecting update driver, then browse to the new v2 driver file (amazon_echo.c4z).  You should see "Last Communication" as one of the driver properties, instead of "Triggers Discovered".  If not, you are still on v180.  Happy to do a TeamViewer to help get you sorted.

Also the v2 driver requires OS 3.0.   Please don't upgrade to 3.1 as we haven't yet tested on that version.

My whole setup is a mess now. For the amazon stuff I loaded in the new driver and did the trigger discovery and it only found one. 

My multi screen driver is no longer doing screen swaps. 

And now FIOS gave me this TV One Minis that I can only get two devices to actually register. Wtf. 

5 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

not yet.  we are prioritizing working on getting the driver to be able to be updated in-place, as this affects pretty much everyone who owns the driver, vs. a small percentage of people who are using the multiple echos on multiple accounts feature.  We will hit that after.

Updating the driver in situ will be a big plus... do you have an ETA?

It was painful, but finally just deleted everything in Composer, and Alexa I’m relation to the driver/confit and redid it all. Luckily for me most of the stuff I never used anyways (could never remember what I named everything) so ended up being a forcing clean up function. But alas I’m up and running again. 

34 minutes ago, Topfox said:

It was painful, but finally just deleted everything in Composer, and Alexa I’m relation to the driver/confit and redid it all. Luckily for me most of the stuff I never used anyways (could never remember what I named everything) so ended up being a forcing clean up function. But alas I’m up and running again. 

Not sure what this information tells us? (or it might be just me hehe) ;)

1 hour ago, pat.samson.509 said:

Hi all,

I need to install the v2 epic driver.
On the epic systems website it says to backup macros...
Am i going to lose all alexa related programming when upgrading ?

I am on 2.10.6

Yes.  You will have to recreate all programming if you move to v2.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.