C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Bond Bridge controls Somfy Shades, RF Ceiling Fans, Fireplaces and more!

alanchow

1 hour ago, ILoveC4 said:

I thought Alan announced this would be a free driver as it was commissioned by Bond?

Don't know where you got that information from as this is entirely not true.

Nobody paid us to do this. We are friends with the Bond guys so maybe thats what gave you the wrong impression.

Just purchased a Bond Bridge to try with my Somfy shades. The range is munch better than the stupid MyLink and so far is working great. I have two rooms with shades and only had coverage in one of them with the MyLink, the Bond reaches both. I had some issues when I received it on Sunday where there was an error when setting up a Somfy device. I contacted support and they had a fixed firmware out Monday.

I'll be trying out the Chowmain driver soon.

1 hour ago, mandiola said:

Just purchased a Bond Bridge to try with my Somfy shades. The range is munch better than the stupid MyLink and so far is working great. I have two rooms with shades and only had coverage in one of them with the MyLink, the Bond reaches both. I had some issues when I received it on Sunday where there was an error when setting up a Somfy device. I contacted support and they had a fixed firmware out Monday.

I'll be trying out the Chowmain driver soon.

The bond guys told me that they had a meeting with Somfy and even they like it better than MyLink!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 11:09 AM, Drake0508 said:

Will anyone who has used the driver comment on your experience so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is fast becoming one of our most popular drivers. On this forum i know that @msgreenf has used it.  Apart from that all i know are that they are 50 systems installed in the past 3 weeks with the driver.

Okay I used it today with Somfy shades. A few issues I ran into:

-When adding shades to bond app, I kept getting connection errors... This resulted in a shade getting partially added each time there was an error. I had to manually remove all the extras. Eventually I got them all but it was a bit painful. Bridge shouldn't have had any connection issues, it was right next to the AP.

-Anyone know if there is a way to have Bond learn the "My" button so that shades can be programmed to go to a preset level?

-When I did the auto setup within the Bond C4 driver, it didn't pull in all of the shades I had added in the Bond app. I re-ran auto setup a few times and eventually it pulled them all in though. Not sure what happened there?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

Okay I used it today with Somfy shades. A few issues I ran into:

-When adding shades to bond app, I kept getting connection errors... This resulted in a shade getting partially added each time there was an error. I had to manually remove all the extras. Eventually I got them all but it was a bit painful. Bridge shouldn't have had any connection issues, it was right next to the AP.

-Anyone know if there is a way to have Bond learn the "My" button so that shades can be programmed to go to a preset level?

-When I did the auto setup within the Bond C4 driver, it didn't pull in all of the shades I had added in the Bond app. I re-ran auto setup a few times and eventually it pulled them all in though. Not sure what happened there?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback.  We have had a few dealers run into a similar issue.  The driver grabs a json blob from the Bond Bridge so the only thing i can think of is that it takes some time for the devices to become available via the API.  All dealers who encountered this problem eventually got all devices after leaving it for a bit.

On 10/3/2019 at 11:52 PM, chopedogg88 said:

makes sense.  perhaps your friends at Bond could confirm/improve?

The Bond guys say that it doesn't have any delay.

Tried replicating this on our system here and i can't seem to replicate it.

On other news we have a new update that allows all commands to be fired in via the Bridge Driver's programming actions. This means that if Bond adds in future product types and/or functionality the driver will support arbitary firing of these commands.  You can then tie it into experience buttons, custom buttons, keypad button presses and other events.

DRIVER UPDATE

Version #20191007 - 07-OCT-2019

• Added the ability to fire any command via the Bridge Driver's programming device actions in the programming tab.

Version #20190919 - 19-SEP-2019

• Fixed stop command for shades (turns out stop isn't used for stopping shades but stopping sending signals)
  • Resolved issues where ipv4 address is not returned in mdns packet (bandaid applied which grabs ipv4 address from connecting client)

Bond guys sent me a Smart By Bond test bench kit.  So now the driver has been updated to support any fans that have  'Smart By Bond' built in.

Version #20191011 - 11-OCT-2019

• Added support for dimmable lighting (mainly found on smart by bond fans). Note if you already have one of these then you will need to press the clear bindings button in the master driver so it will recreate the bindings.

Bond just informed me they have this $60 USD module that is a fan controller.  Adds bi-directional multispeed fan control over existing fans with dimmable lighting.

This is the module we used to develop the smart by bond potion of the driver.  Good alternative for the Control4 Fan Speed Controller.

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, LollerAgent said:

Best price i've ever seen it for.  1 day sale as well so grab it now!

This is more for dealers but we are having a black friday sale to say thanks to all the dealers who are buying this driver.  Its a hot driver and alot of you are bulk buying.  So to say thanks we are reducing the volumes required and increasing the discounts!

EKWFR1AUwAEJeVO?format=jpg&name=small

• 1 month later...

Some people were complaining about how the fan comes up under lighting.  Unfortunately this is a Control4 problem which we can't resolve.

Instead what we have done is create a experience button which allows you to select any fan proxy and allow for 3 speed fan control with feedback.  It will auto map the speeds based on capabilties of the fan proxy driver selected.  Mapping will be lowest (1), highest (depending on capabilities) and will the following math for the medium speed (highest / 2 rounded up).

It is a free driver and is bundled with this driver.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 7:41 AM, C4CA said:

Does anyone know if this will work with hunter douglas roller shades there controller by an RF remote and there platinum bridge technology.

Did you ever find out the answer to this question as I am also trying to find a way to automate my hunter douglas roller shades controlled by platinum 2.0 by RF remote?

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, juan15pablo said:

I've read a while ago that you can add up to 5-6 somfy shades, but now I cant find that info. Bond web page says up to 30 "devices" on 2500 sqft. 

@alanchow could you confirm the value for somfy?

30 devices means 30 somfy shades and other devices if that helps.

Justin who is one of our Control4 developers has about 10 Somfy shades in his home which has internal concrete walls and it controls all of them.

Worse case buy more Bond Bridges to add additional coverage / devices.

On 1/26/2020 at 11:59 AM, Rodmac said:

Did you ever find out the answer to this question as I am also trying to find a way to automate my hunter douglas roller shades controlled by platinum 2.0 by RF remote?

Best bet is to reach out to Bond with the FCC ID on the back of your remote.  They will be able to advise if they can control your device.