C4 Forums | Control4

Spotify app constantly losing connection

Hi everyone,

My dealer is really struggling to get the Spotify app to work, so I thought I'd ask in the forum.

I don't know a whole lot about our setup, but I know we have Ovation equipment and the Spotify app installed in Control4.

The Spotify app works for a few days or a couple of weeks, and then it stops working. The Spotify app can't connect with the server so the app doesn't display any songs or playlists. 

I have the Ovation OMSConfigurationUtility app on my Mac. When I open it and access the Spotify settings, I see this error:

"The account credentials were not accepted by Spotify. Please check your user name and password and try again.If your credentials are correct, then we were unable to reach the Spotify server. This should be a momentary issue...Please keep trying."

It's not a momentary issue though. If I restart the whole system, it will start working. But I don't want to do that every time I listen to a playlist.

Every time our dealer comes round, it works for a short period and then disconnects again.

Does anyone know what is going wrong here? I'm trying to give my dealer some help in figuring this out. This has been happening for 2 years now.

Thanks in advance for any tips
J

• 1 year later...

i have done quite a few of the duets, the trick is to not use the spotify mini app for the ovation, just use the ovation player driver. ii did have one job where one of our techs called fusion and they had them use spotty, not spotify but still gave them spotify access.My personal system i just removed the spotify mini app, use just the ovation player driver and  i have no issues. my advice is to have your installer call fusion and get help setting up the fusion the tech support is fast and very good, have them also look at the integration with control4 to make sure he has it setup correctly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.