C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 & Plumbing (i.e. shower or bath)?

andy.cytexone

the home heartbeat (hhb) valve can be turned on and off repeatedly for a long time. Its a full volume ball valve with a serious gearbox and such.

At CES 2007 control 4 had a demo of hhb working with control 4 but I'm not if the integration stuff is complete yet. Worth asking control4.

• 2 years later...
yessssss.... auto-shower at 6am (and not idly waiting 10 mins for the water to heat up) here i come!

If you're waiting 10 minutes for the water to heat up, you've got *other* plumbing issues, my friend.

:)

RyanE

If you're waiting 10 minutes for the water to heat up, you've got *other* plumbing issues, my friend.

RyanE

Absolutely.

I wait 6 seconds and it's only that long because I have six foot hose on my Grohe handshower; other faucets are no more than 3-4 seconds.

And the shower temp is always exactly the same regardless of the temperature of the water coming from the tank.

Hot water recirculation system and a Grohe thermostatic valve.

yessssss.... auto-shower at 6am (and not idly waiting 10 mins for the water to heat up) here i come!

If you're waiting 10 minutes for the water to heat up' date=' you've got *other* plumbing issues, my friend.

:)

RyanE[/quote']

I can't believe this but you said exactly the same thing I was going to write yesterday when I saw this ridiculous thread. Exact words, scary.

Honestly guys, you can't automate everything. People will start talking :)

Check out the Grundfos UP 10-16 / "Comfort" Pump. Here's a link

http://www.grundfos.com/web/homeus.nsf/Webopslag/PAVA-53MKRN

This has a timer built in and will get hot water to the fixtures so there's no wait. I have 2 of them and they work great.

You don't even need this. A properly designed plumbing system will give you hot water in less than 10~15 seconds at the farthest tap. It's plumbing, not gadgets, that allows this to happen.

I use a Kohler DTV shower system.

www.us.kohler.com/performanceshowers/dtv.jsp

It has 6 programmable buttons for different users or settings. In the AM i walk into shower, push program button and hit ok button. all shower tiles fire up until temp desired temp is reach and the only the one that i like are on. my water temp is 109. When the wife gets in, she pushes her button, and the water temp goes to 104 and her water tiles are on

You guys are too fancy. I twist the big bronze know counter clockwise from 6 o'clock to between 10 o'clock and 11 o'clock, wait about 30 seconds then hop in.

A shower is a shower. Mine has two shower heads and I thought was too much...

• 1 month later...

Actually I think its a great use for Control4! I've used both the Kohler and Moen (versions of their digital interfaces and like the simplicity of the moen and also the cost). Do you know if anyone has a driver for Moen for Control4? Some consumer links are below for reference:

Shower and control: http://www.moen.com/moen/chrome-iodigital-tm-shower-only/_/R-CONSUMER%3AT3405

Spa and control: http://www.moen.com/moen/chrome-iodigital-tm-vertical-spa/_/R-CONSUMER%3A295

Tub and control: http://www.moen.com/icon/chrome-high-arc-roman-tub-faucet-includes-iodigital-tm-technology/_/R-CONSUMER%3AT9621

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Well, I'm taking the pluge with Moen and my plumber is on board. Nice install video available on YouTube. Helps I am down to studs in the bathroom at the moment. All the really cool stuff that the Kohler DTV II system has is stuff you'd probably just do with C4 anyway.

Sales guy said capacity wasn't as big of a deal as water pressure (I only have 3/4" pipes coming into the house). I have good water pressure.

Archived