C4 Forums | Control4

PSA: Apple TV tvOS 13 killed my remote programming

pinkoos

Just upgraded all four of our 4K Apple TVs and realized that I can no longer control the Apple TV with my Control4 remote

I guess whatever tvOS 13's changes are, one of them must be changes in remote commands or something like that

Anybody have any idea what needs to be done in order to get functionality back to my Control4 remotes?

Something I can possibly do via Composer HE?  Or will I need to get my dealer involved (which may take a while before he can get to it)?

EDIT:  Just tested the Control4 app on my iPhone and that, too, no longer works to control the Apple TV

Will have to resort back to the original Apple TV remote until this gets figured out

Thanks

Edited by pinkoos

4 minutes ago, sonic30101 said:

Your dealer used the unofficial ip driver which I hear is broken in with the new ATV OS. Need to change to the new IP or IR drivers

Uh oh, are the new IP or IR drivers compatible with OS 2.0?  I'm stuck on OS 2.0 as I only have an HC800 and HC300

2 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

No need to curse at us. You were using a driver that was never an approved integration.

You can go back to ir

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

My apologies... I'm just really frustrated.... I'll see if the gen4 driver works (I heard it does a bit ago).... crossing fingers. Again, sorry about that... (IR is not an option for me)

1 hour ago, chita79 said:

My apologies... I'm just really frustrated.... I'll see if the gen4 driver works (I heard it does a bit ago).... crossing fingers. Again, sorry about that... (IR is not an option for me)

So I should be asking my dealer to try “gen4 IR driver?”

If the AppleTV beta software was also bricking our C4 remotes (and there were a lot of betas i'm sure) why wasn't this more publicized? 

It would have been nice if C4, our dealers, or anyone would have told us not to install.  

Probably will take my dealer 2 weeks to get to me.  I guess i will use the Apple Remote.  Yuck.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.