C4 Forums | Control4

Devices not responding - Epic-Systems Echo driver

dutsnekcirf

A few weeks ago I got the Epic-Systems Echo driver installed and working.  And then I went on a business trip and as these things typically go, while I'm away, something breaks.  This time it appears to be the Alexa integration.

Whenever I ask Alexa to perform any task related to my system it says it's not responding.

I've gone into the alexa.amazon.com account and told it to forget everything.  I then told it to discover devices and at the same time sent discovery from the driver.  Alexa rediscovered all of my devices but it's still stating that they're not responding.  Not sure what to do at this point.

Just read the update on the website.  One quick question.  The update states that "this is due to a firmware update that Amazon is rolling out to older Echo Dot (Gen 2) devices."  If I were to upgrade my Echo Dot to a newer generation would this be enough to get me up and running without the need to update my driver?

No the Gen 2 Dots are now working the same as Gen3 Dots basically. Need the v2 driver regardless. You could try a Gen 1 Echo... Mine is still working okay wirh v180 but who knows if Amazon will update firmware on those as well at some point. They may have already and mine just hasn't updated. Not sure.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

vOkay, So I've updated to the v2 driver and the documentation tab indicates that I have version 200. Now I'm trying to reprogram everything, but it won't allow me to recreate my triggers.  The "delete Triggers" drop down is empty.  Is there something I missed? 

The Lua tab is showing the following error:

Adding new trigger named: Alexa Routines
Error duplicate Trigger name: Alexa Routines

I am on 2.9 with version 180 of the driver. So far so good. Planning on going to 3.1 and getting ready for this issue. On your site I read "be sure to copy over any trigger programming that you want to retain into Macros." 

I am a HE user and can't quite figure out how to go about this ?  Is this a dealer only capability ?

Thanks

Just to be clear - OS 3 or 3.1 isn't what breaks the v180 driver - its the Amazon firmware update on the older Gen 2 Dots that does.  

Regarding Macros, you need to go to Agents-Macros (add that Agent if you don't already have it in your system by clicking the Add button at the top), then create a Macro for each bit of programming that you have, and copy the programming from the driver into the Macro's programming.  Then in the v2 driver, just execute the macro in the driver programming, rather than programming it in the driver ON/OFF/UP/DOWN/SET events directly.

Alternately, if you have a dealer you are working with, they can use Composer Pro's Virtual Director option to open up a backup of your project, and then just copy/paste the programming from the v180 driver into the v2 driver (you'll have to manually re-create the trigger names, but that shouldn't take long...usually less than 5 minutes).  If you don't have a dealer, I am a dealer and can do it remotely for you (@ $75/hr)

thanks,
Ari

11 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

Just to be clear - OS 3 or 3.1 isn't what breaks the v180 driver - its the Amazon firmware update on the older Gen 2 Dots that does.  

Regarding Macros, you need to go to Agents-Macros (add that Agent if you don't already have it in your system by clicking the Add button at the top), then create a Macro for each bit of programming that you have, and copy the programming from the driver into the Macro's programming.  Then in the v2 driver, just execute the macro in the driver programming, rather than programming it in the driver ON/OFF/UP/DOWN/SET events directly.

Alternately, if you have a dealer you are working with, they can use Composer Pro's Virtual Director option to open up a backup of your project, and then just copy/paste the programming from the v180 driver into the v2 driver (you'll have to manually re-create the trigger names, but that shouldn't take long...usually less than 5 minutes).  If you don't have a dealer, I am a dealer and can do it remotely for you (@ $75/hr)

thanks,
Ari

Thank you, will probably go with my dealer, but as you pointed out seems like my echo' s have no issues .

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.