C4 Forums | Control4

Devices not responding - Epic-Systems Echo driver

dutsnekcirf

Has anyone had an issue with Alexa lately saying that such and such device is not responding but it still works and performs like it should?  I'm currently using this driver in the 2.0 virgin and everything is updated. It seems odd that Alexa doesn't think that the device is responding but yet performs the programmed action

Just to clarify the Gen 1 Echo issue.  Will either a Gen 1 Echo or Gen 1 Echo Dot work?   Or just a Gen 1 Echo (full sized, not hockey puck)?
It appears that the Gen 1 Echo was released in late 2014 while the Gen 1 Echo Dot was released in March 2016.
Gen 1 dot is working for me on 3.1.1 with v180 driver.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Gen 1 dot is working for me on 3.1.1 with v180 driver.

Good to know. What about v200 driver on 3.1.1? I thought I saw a post somewhere about it but I can't find it.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

Yes sorry the v180 driver works on 2.10 as well.

So is it safe to update from os 3.1.0 to 3.1.1 with the v200 driver using gen2 echo's?  Haven't tried it with gen3 echo's yet.  Just being cautious. I'd rather wait than be hasty.

Yes the v200 driver works on OS 3.1.1
Ya, that's true for 3.1.1, however, I wasn't able to log into my showroom project with v200 in my system so I downgraded to 3.1.0. That worked. Then I deleted your driver and updated to 3.1.1. No problems there.

This is either control4's fault or the fault of your driver. Take your pic. I'm now wondering if you've simulated this problem with your system yet and will there be a fix. I'm not the only one that experienced this.

Okay well we have thousands of people using the driver and none of them have contacted our support regarding this issue.

You sold that many drivers? Thats over $150,000!

Your support portal has been inaccessible for a while. Anyways, your driver didn't show any obvious need for support. Deleting it just fixes the problem moving forward.

I had same problem when upgrading to 3.1.1 I since have downgraded to 3.1.0.

dcovach what error were you getting? Did you reinstall the drier after updating to 3.1.1?
Look up a topic that resembles something like this... EA5 OS 311 could not connect to director.

I've already burned a lot of time going backwards and forwards a couple of ways. I wouldn't mind another helper's input.

How about you let me know what happens on a 3.1.1 project after you add the driver. (Maybe try forgetting and deleting all triggers FIRST in the alexa account so you're starting on a clean slate). I had triggers formerly created by the driver still present in the alexa app/account so this is a scenario that I didn't try.

Now... reboot the controller. Try to connect. If that works, try to add triggers. Reboot. Try to connect. Etc.... If successful, re-do all your voice programming again. It's fun.

Do you have time for that?

Well, there go $150 down the drain then.

Edit: I suppose I spoke too soon. I didn't realise that [mention=134749]chopedogg88[/mention] is the developer and available here for support. I'm working with him to try and resolve this.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

You sold that many drivers? Thats over $150,000!

Your support portal has been inaccessible for a while. Anyways, your driver didn't show any obvious need for support. Deleting it just fixes the problem moving forward.

Huh? We don't have a "support portal". Support@epic-systems.com has been available always - we answer emails daily. Haven't received a single one from you though.

Hey [mention=134749]chopedogg88[/mention], I didn't realise you were the developer. We purchased the driver for our showroom a couple of months ago, and gave up on it when it didn't work on the first attempt. We ended up never using it. Would you mind issuing us a refund?

I agree, and I'm not blaming you for it at all. It was definitely my fault for not seeking support.

have you contacted support@epic-systems.com ?
No, I haven't. We were pretty tied up with setting up the showroom and figured we'd just use the official integration when it didn't work. I should have reached out though.

Should I send an email now? We're on 3.1.1.

Let's put it this way - when I have an issue with a driver from say...Annex4 or HTI Customs or whoever...I don't look for support/opinions about the driver on the Control4 end user forums - I contact their support directly and I form my own opinion about the driver by actually using it.

I'm sorry but setting up Alexa voice commands on a complex project like our showroom's requires way too much effort and time to be done without being fairly certain that it will work in the first place.

There are many dealers here and the general opinion in this thread seems to indicate that the driver isn't compatible with the latest version of the Control4 OS—which is fine, because I understand that both Amazon and C4's software are moving targets and it's difficult to nail the integration. I'm not being judgemental here.

But I do take issue with your expecting that people won't talk about your driver here, in the open, and that every dealer will personally face every issue before forming an opinion on it, despite the fact that they can easily save themselves a lot of trouble by taking guidance from others who have already gone down that path.

Sorry I think you misunderstood my point.  I'm not expecting for people not to discuss our driver on this forum - if you search back over the last 5 years that our driver has been in existence, you'll see several threads where I've encouraged it and participated heavily in the discussion - in fact it has been our only form of marketing and we've sold over $200,000 worth of the driver since 2015 when we released it as a result.

My point is that I would never expect/ask someone to refund me for a driver, via a public end user-centric forum, several months after purchasing said driver and never having even really attempted to properly get support for a driver that didn't work on my first attempt.

But to each his own.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.