C4 Forums | Control4

Devices not responding - Epic-Systems Echo driver

dutsnekcirf

18 hours ago, bk said:

Ok, yes the version for os3 was available at the time, not feasible for everybody to replace all toch screens etc.

It's ashame you have changed your mind on fixing the driver.

Actually $20 or $30 Gen 1 echo is not an issue at all, yes I understand that you bought a driver and it should work but with recent changes on C4 and Amazon side this $30 work around is not a bad thing ... I had paid $200 for drivers that is dead now and no support whatsoever!

1 hour ago, Amr said:

Actually $20 or $30 Gen 1 echo is not an issue at all, yes I understand that you bought a driver and it should work but with recent changes on C4 and Amazon side this $30 work around is not a bad thing ... I had paid $200 for drivers that is dead now and no support whatsoever!

Not quite as easy finding one that will send to Australia!

10 hours ago, bk said:

Not quite as easy finding one that will send to Australia!

If you are complaining you are in Australia, I’m in Egypt 😂, I use Shop&Ship and I got everything from 24 countries around the world to my door step, not the best cost as Egyptian Customs charges 2x and 3x the price but I get things done this way.

I must say that I was a big fan of this driver but am now glad that I moved off it a few months ago.  Ari, seems strange that the fix is “not financially feasible” to do, given the 10,000 plus customers you say you have? $1 million to $1.5 million should make most coding changes very financially feasible?

I must say that I was a big fan of this driver but am now glad that I moved off it a few months ago.  Ari, seems strange that the fix is “not financially feasible” to do, given the 10,000 plus customers you say you have? $1 million to $1.5 million should make most coding changes very financially feasible?
Where did I say that? Please do share!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

On 2/5/2020 at 1:42 AM, chopedogg88 said:

We fixed the driver but it requires Os3. Not technically or financially feasible to fix for 2.10.

@chopedogg88 - seeing as you asked, the above is where you said this.  In fairness you said it was not “technically or financially feasible” which sounded a bit contradictory.  I am sure that you meant one or the other, not both, but I was not really wanting to be overly picky...

@chopedogg88 - seeing as you asked, the above is where you said this.  In fairness you said it was not “technically or financially feasible” which sounded a bit contradictory.  I am sure that you meant one or the other, not both, but I was not really wanting to be overly picky...
I meant where did I say that we had 10000 customers? Nowhere close to that.

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2020 at 6:42 PM, chopedogg88 said:

We fixed the driver but it requires Os3. Not technically or financially feasible to fix for 2.10.

Solution is to buy a Gen 1 Echo or Dot for less than $20 on ebay if you must stay on 2.10 and want to continue to use our driver.

Thanks

So I'm 4 for 4 now when it comes to buying what was listed on eBay as a Generation One Echo Dot, only to have it arrive and find that it is a generation two. With the most recent purchase and return, I even emailed the seller photos of the two devices explaining the difference and asked him to verify. The Gen two arrived yesterday. 

I give up. 

38 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Not surprised. Ask for pics before buying

The really maddening part is that I did on the last two of 4. When I reached out to the most recent seller (even also bought the included Wemo switch, which I didn't need, just to finally get the generation one dot), his answer was "but they look the same." 

SMH. I'm not trying a fifth time. I'll just continue without voice control. I'm accustomed to it by now, and I can't fairly say that I didn't get my money's worth from the Epic driver during the few years it worked. 

3 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

Needs to look like this 794635a8e998bd25fdd497943517fbe6.jpg

Yes, I'm aware, but try telling that to the people who are selling them. Screenshot below of my 4th and final attempt. I am Jacktrack31 on ebay, btw. 

Screenshot_20200315-151339_eBay.jpg

I have been following this thread for a while and have not chimed in until now.  I am curious if you have fixed the issue with your driver so that I can run multiple instances of the driver in my project?  I would really like to see this advertised functionality work.

The use case is simple.  I want to be able to have a set of commands that are room specific having dots on a different amazon account for each room.  This will make it easier to issue commands and not have to indicate a room name in the verbal command.

Did this ever actually get fixed? I just lost all of my alexa programming and other seems to work. Running 3.12 on composer and the 200 version of epic and Alexa will not communicate with Epic driver.. Any ideas. Running all V2 alexa dots

On 3/22/2020 at 9:09 AM, tims said:

Did this ever actually get fixed? I just lost all of my alexa programming and other seems to work. Running 3.12 on composer and the 200 version of epic and Alexa will not communicate with Epic driver.. Any ideas. Running all V2 alexa dots

I have all Gen 2 dots, running the 2.0 driver and am running 3.1.2.  Everything is working fine. 

However, don’t know if this was necessary or not. Prior to 3.1.2, I was on 3.1.0. Before  upgrading we just removed the epic driver. Then did the upgrade, then added back the driver and recreate all the triggers and such. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.