C4 Forums | Control4

Thinking about selling all my C4 kit

andyc4newcomer

HI,

I've recently bought a new house from a previous owner and there was lots of C4 kit installed, but less than 2 weeks after moving in the HC800 decided to lose connection, which cut out all the lights etc, so had to get the dealer back to help. I'm new to all this C4 stuff so thinking about selling all of this instead. The kit i have is:

4 Zone amplifier (not sure of model)

2 x remotes (SR-260 i think)

1 x C4EA3

1 x C4-HC800-BL-1 (currently not connecting but power light on and link light is flashing)

1 x C4-WMB-B

2 x wallmounted touchpads

1 x freestanding touchpad

I'm not sure of the value of all this - i'm in the UK, any dealers or people interested let me know and give me an offer whilst i'm researching my options.

Cheers

2 minutes ago, Zappbranagan said:

that is what i figured. so these are the older touchscreens that are not supported on 3.0

the touchscreens are selling for $100ish on ebay.  The 260's and the EA3 are your most valuable things.  i paid 500 for an ea3 and 140ish for each 260.

Thank you for the info, probably want to sell the job lot if I can anyway.

21 minutes ago, Zappbranagan said:

that is what i figured. so these are the older touchscreens that are not supported on 3.0

the touchscreens are selling for $100ish on ebay.  The 260's and the EA3 are your most valuable things.  i paid 500 for an ea3 and 140ish for each 260.

The C4-TT7 is the current generation T3.

https://www.control4.com/docs/product/t3-series-tabletop-touch-screens/data-sheet/english/latest/t3-series-tabletop-touch-screens-data-sheet-rev-d.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

How much for the EA3 and is it the V1 or V2 please?

What’s the condition like please and also, do you have any photos of the unit if there is any damage. 

Lastly, do you have the Rack Ears for the EA3?

Cheers!

PS, from the UK also so postage would be easier than international.

Although I had loads of kit, I only actually had lighting and sound in multi room and outdoor setup. So all replaced with ZigBee puks in replacement to the C4 wireless ones, all plumbed into my Philips hue. Then got Sonos amps for muktiroom. Still had money left over after selling, and all works perfectly.

If the C4 hadn't failed 1week into living in I'd have kept it but it didn't inspire me with faith unfortunately, altho I here it's typically very reliable.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.