C4 Forums | Control4

Allowing dealer and remote programmer at the same time

ERDrPC

I wish C4 would allow for dealer info and a separate spot for a remote programmer on our customer profile. I don't want to remove my dealer as they still help me with new equipment and the monitor my system remotely but I also have the need for a remote programmer for some complex programming that my dealer doesn't have time for

11 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Anyone NOT your dealer MUST have their account linked in order to remotely connect to your system.

With the exception of Control4 tech support if you have that option enabled in your customer.control4.com account.

RyanE

7 hours ago, RyanE said:

With the exception of Control4 tech support if you have that option enabled in your customer.control4.com account.

RyanE

LOL, fair point. Though even then only a subsection have the credentials to do so (as in, not all C4 employees are considered tech support and so not all C4 employees have access to people's systems)

• 4 months later...
On 10/8/2019 at 5:23 AM, ERDrPC said:

I wish C4 would allow for dealer info and a separate spot for a remote programmer on our customer profile. I don't want to remove my dealer as they still help me with new equipment and the monitor my system remotely but I also have the need for a remote programmer for some complex programming that my dealer doesn't have time for

your dealer can always access your system locally if they are not on record.

On 10/8/2019 at 8:23 AM, ERDrPC said:

I am in need of the same thing but I need a good remote programmer if you know one. thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.