C4 Forums | Control4

MyQ driver stopped working yesterday

pfissure

On 10/20/2019 at 9:38 AM, pfissure said:

I have been using the Houselogix Liftmaster MyQ driver for a few years without a problem.  Yesterday it stopped communicating with my Garage Door opener.  In Composer HE Properties for the driver I see that the License Status is still "Activated" but when I go the Actions tab and click "Get Account Devices" the Lua window shows Fetching... and nothing more.

Does anybody know anything about this? 

Yeah I was afraid this was going to happen. Craftsman Assurelink is shutting down and migrated the accounts over to MyQ. I'm sure MyQ has implemented some changes to account for the migration within the API and this is the end result. I haven't even tried my Craftsman driver since doing the migration. Highly doubt it works at this point.

I put it in a box (a) because I had an extra one laying around, (b) to minimize dust and insects, and (c)  my power outlet location is in a high traffic area and didn't want the thing to get smashed.  Response is instant for me on both the control and status.  No more waiting for MyQ to poll (when it worked!). 

On 10/21/2019 at 12:33 PM, thecodeman said:

If you have a security+ 2.0 opener, have your dealer buy one of these

https://www.garadget.com/product/security-2-0-dry-contact-adapter/

Hook it up to a C4 Z2IO along with a rail mount contact on your door. Program the contact and relay to the general garage door driver. 

Now you have an official integration that doesn't rely on the internet or some unofficial connection to the MyQ service. 

This is really the better solution. The Cinegration driver is much better than the houselogix one ever was (it's certainly not just a clone) - but the garadget unit is so friggin cheap I can't solder up one myself for the price....well for a paying client at least.

Curious what makes using the Z2io and contact sensors better than the Axcess Relay and contact sensors?

Is it mainly because the Z2io is branded C4? Asking because I have two garage doors and thought one Axxess will work for two but I’d have to buy two Z2io and use one for each door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, jebt2921 said:

Curious what makes using the Z2io and contact sensors better than the Axcess Relay and contact sensors?

Is it mainly because the Z2io is branded C4? Asking because I have two garage doors and thought one Axxess will work for two but I’d have to buy two Z2io and use one for each door.

For what it's worth, I also have 2 garage doors, and recently automated them.  I used a single Z2IO, wiring the 2 available relays to the 2 garage door motors, and used a pair of Nyce Tilt Sensors on the doors to provide contact info on the open/close status (just to avoid the hassle of additional wiring).

Works quite well, and I even integrated it with Google Assistant, so I can activate it by Voice using Android Auto in my car when returning home.

12 minutes ago, jebt2921 said:

How much do the Acxess Relays cost?

And are the rail-mounted contact sensors better since they’re hard-wired versus Nyce tilt sensors or is it a wash really?

Forget what I paid, maybe a couple hundred.  I got it last year and it was missing some parts so I threw it in a closet for while and forgot about it.  I broke it out when the MyQ crapped out.  It has inputs for 3 relays and 3 contact sensors, so being that I had the inputs, I used the rail-mount sensors, which installed very easily.  I think the tilt sensors would be fine, based on comments on the board.  Only potential negative I can think of with the tilt sensors would be battery replacement.  The Axxess also gives you temperature sensor and enhances your zigbee network. 

While this topic is hot wanted to ask the experts how they would program events off this thing:

I set it up to send push notification when contact sensor is open:  "Garage Door Open"

Then when it closes: "Garage Door Closed"

I find that when I close the garage door I get an extra "open" notification then get a "closed".   So it reads as follows:

I open the door: door open notification

I close the door:  another open notification, followed by a closed notification.

I went back and added a delay to avoid the double notification and my programing looks as follows:

Capture open.PNG

When it closes:

Capture closed.PNG

This seems to be working fine, but if there is a better way I'd love to learn it!

3 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

You likely just need to adjust the “debounce” setting on the contact. 

So in my new house I have Liftmaster MyQ motors.  I ran cat cable to the garage. Are you saying I can’t just wire them to a relay like I did before?

You can’t wire into lift master.  You buy an extra remote clicker.  Crack it open.  Doing the solder to the remote. Still need something for sensors be it rail mounted or wireless.  

only drawback I’ve heard on the tilt sensors is it takes a few seconds to register the new state.   I have no experience personally 

29 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

You can’t wire into lift master.  You buy an extra remote clicker.  Crack it open.  Doing the solder to the remote. Still need something for sensors be it rail mounted or wireless.  

only drawback I’ve heard on the tilt sensors is it takes a few seconds to register the new state.   I have no experience personally 

Crazy that you can’t wire in to Liftmaster. I wonder why that is? When I look at it, it looks just like my last one. It isn’t a huge deal, but having it integrated sure is nice. 

34 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

Crazy that you can’t wire in to Liftmaster. I wonder why that is? When I look at it, it looks just like my last one. It isn’t a huge deal, but having it integrated sure is nice. 

Has to do with type of motor.   It’s electric or something.  I forget 

I’m starting to rethink how I want to integrate since my main EA3 is accessible above garage so I can wire directly to it and don’t think I need any Z2io or Axxess modules.

This is a new one for me so I’m looking for some wiring diagram help on how to do this.

Setup:
Two MyQ security 2.0 garage doors with Rail Contact Sensors on both.

Question: Do I have to run separate wires back to rack or can attach these two sensors together and a single run back to the rack? Also, which relay port do they attach to on the EA3?

Then at my rack I’ll hack our extra garage door opener and solder wires to connect directly to EA3.

Question: Which port do these two wires attach to?

60e6a15ae60ed7b8e64b07c70972e76b.jpg

The top one is a relay. You’d us COM (common) and NO (normally open). Then when you toggle the relay it’s like pressing the button. 

The sensor goes to the contact. Just use SIG (signal) and GND (ground).

You need a pair of wires for each contact and each relay. You can’t put 2 sensors on one contact. Just run a cat cable - you’ve got 4 pair in there to work with. 

Perfect and thank you.

Hopefully my last question...since I’ll be having two rail sensors, one for each door, how would I connect both to the back of the EA3 since, from what I understand, there’s only one contact sensor there?

Net, might be needing to get a Z2io to connect two door sensors?

4 hours ago, jebt2921 said:

Perfect and thank you.

Hopefully my last question...since I’ll be having two rail sensors, one for each door, how would I connect both to the back of the EA3 since, from what I understand, there’s only one contact sensor there?

Net, might be needing to get a Z2io to connect two door sensors?

2 doors = 2 contacts and 2 relays  

You can’t do both with just an EA3.

On 10/26/2019 at 2:14 PM, joecheech said:

This one goes above my pay grade.  I hear that some of the LiftMasters won't work with a relay unless you go the remote control hack.  Best to wait for someone else to answer.

There is a lift master dry contact adapter mentioned earlier in the thread. 

https://www.garadget.com/product/security-2-0-dry-contact-adapter/

Got it all wired up tonight. Now just need to get the io extender added to my project along with the drivers and two doors.

Used the following:
Rail mount contact sensors x2
Extra garage door opener
Cat5e ran to rack

May put the opener and wiring in a box at some point but not too bad.
009ca85c1d094498c8a4d7a1d950008f.jpgc3ef168c51a9c2eb35c30c4d30de2e0d.jpgeb48ed3565d683dddc026a0f7c87dc5b.jpg

Any update on getting this fixed.  I just transferred my craftsman assure link over to the MyQ app but not sure how to get it working again.  I had been on House Logix Craftsman Assurelink system for the past 4 years and it worked great.

Any help would be great.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.