C4 Forums | Control4

MyQ driver stopped working yesterday

pfissure

8 minutes ago, jsimon77 said:

Any update on getting this fixed.  I just transferred my craftsman assure link over to the MyQ app but not sure how to get it working again.  I had been on House Logix Craftsman Assurelink system for the past 4 years and it worked great.

Any help would be great.

The houselogix driver is dead.

Nothing to do about it.

You can either move to the Cinegration driver and pay for it, or use the option mentioned above that involves soldering yourself, or get the pre-built option mentioned a few posts above, and wire it to relays and add sensors (or use exisitng security sensors).

On 11/1/2019 at 10:16 PM, jebt2921 said:

Got it all wired up tonight. Now just need to get the io extender added to my project along with the drivers and two doors.

Used the following:
Rail mount contact sensors x2
Extra garage door opener
Cat5e ran to rack

May put the opener and wiring in a box at some point but not too bad.
009ca85c1d094498c8a4d7a1d950008f.jpgc3ef168c51a9c2eb35c30c4d30de2e0d.jpgeb48ed3565d683dddc026a0f7c87dc5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will likely go this same route for my new setup. Was it obvious which points to solder the relay connections to? Curious - do the buttons on that remote still work like they did before?

It wasn’t obvious but I have the same remote as some other write-ups so it was simple. You can use a couple wires to test and find the right point by touching them together and they’ll open / close door once you get the correct two.

And yes the opener still works fine. I haven’t plugged into the back of my io extender yet but it still works.

Also cleaned it up a bit using a simple weatherproof outlet cover from Lowe’s:

1ac0d2735a0e069d737d2a1753f3adf9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, PorterTX said:

I realize this looks to be another unofficial integration but I was curious if anyone has used the Annex4 MyQ driver?

i believe it only pops up the Myq Website on your T3.  I could be mistaken though but it would not really give you access to much in programming, on your mobile devices, etc.

Good catch @eggzlot as it looks like you are right about the nonexistent mobile functionality.  I was initially thinking the driver looked really cool with a direct web interface but if it lacks a mobile display then I you are only getting half of what you need and would be better off with on of the other mentioned solutions. 

Yeah, I'm not going to invest in something unsupported. For $12/piece you can get the dry contacts. That's the route I'm going to go. All in all it might not save me any money, but it will be instant, won't fail due to API changes and doesn't rely on the internet.

31 minutes ago, msgreenf said:
1 hour ago, bnet said:
When you have a driver that stops working and you write drivers, well... you start a new project.  So, I'll throw my hat into the HL MyQ driver replacement ring - check out bMyQ at https://bnet4solutions.com

And what makes your unofficial API usage any better?

Like i said on the other thread - you want C4 to control your MyQ devices you can use a soldering iron or a driver.  If/when there is an official API, I'll use that.  Between now and then, this is the method we have if you choose the driver path.

But since you asked, I guess the real difference is that I built a home with Control4 and use/depend on my drivers everyday.  If/when a driver stops working, I'll be here to fix it.

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

hopes and prayers...you can't guarantee that. 

What is your problem?  I didn't think this would be so controversial - it is a $75 driver for a garage door.  We are not saving the world here.  Don't want to use a driver, then don't but not everyone has the wires in place or wants to solder.

Maybe you can come down off your pedestal long enough to post the "guaranteed support for eternity" statement for your services?  I'll take notes and you can go back to throwing rocks...

Just now, chopedogg88 said:

If this is for your own system then you can just use the drivercentral dealer showroom license since you are a dealer

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I wish I had the 3 car garage doors with the 3 range rovers that this was integrated into lol. I'm just gonna have to sneak in the cost elsewhere 🤔 

18 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

So why do you seem to be so against this driver while at the same time offering to sell/migrate people to the Drivercentral one?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Perhaps he should post a financial disclosure next to his guarantee

On 10/20/2019 at 11:14 AM, msgreenf said:

And I will gladly setup anyone who wants to transfer to the driver central version for the MSRP of $200. No setup cost

What is your cut of MSRP? 20% per “hack”? Or are we witnessing true, authentic altruism at work here?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.