C4 Forums | Control4

Wake/Sleep Agent

LollerAgent

Is it me or does this agent seem a little weak in terms of functionality?

For one - I can only seem to select a single light in the room, or ALL lights, but not multiple lights.  Why can't we select multiple lights OR even better, an advanced lighting scene?  Am I missing something here?

The "shades" functionality is also useless to me, since in order to have my automated 2" blinds "open," I need them to stop at a certain level.  I accomplish this in programming by simply recalling a Somfy myLink scene that opens the blinds to the desired position.

The "Media" functionality is also useless to me, since I use Hulu (on Roku) as my primary TV source and there is no way to program "turn on Hulu and tune into NBC."

I guess the agent would be more useful for people who a) have traditional video sources like Dish Network and b) have traditional automated window shades that are either UP/DOWN... but, the lights thing puzzles me.  I already have a "Good Night" macro (triggered by keypad), so I guess I will just create a "Good Morning" macro as well and trigger it by schedule.

11 hours ago, LollerAgent said:

Is it me or does this agent seem a little weak in terms of functionality?

For one - I can only seem to select a single light in the room, or ALL lights, but not multiple lights.  Why can't we select multiple lights OR even better, an advanced lighting scene?  Am I missing something here?

The "shades" functionality is also useless to me, since in order to have my automated 2" blinds "open," I need them to stop at a certain level.  I accomplish this in programming by simply recalling a Somfy myLink scene that opens the blinds to the desired position.

The "Media" functionality is also useless to me, since I use Hulu (on Roku) as my primary TV source and there is no way to program "turn on Hulu and tune into NBC."

I guess the agent would be more useful for people who a) have traditional video sources like Dish Network and b) have traditional automated window shades that are either UP/DOWN... but, the lights thing puzzles me.  I already have a "Good Night" macro (triggered by keypad), so I guess I will just create a "Good Morning" macro as well and trigger it by schedule.

You are right that this could be better (in terms of on screen options).  Equally, you can program anything you want in Composer against a wake up event.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.