C4 Forums | Control4

Remotely Updating a Director (Media Controller/HTC)

Taylor

Guest Jim Gist

Hey guys,

I updated my system again on christmas day and all 6 controllers, 13 Minis, 3 speaker points and 2 10" updated great!

The new system manger works great!

Jim

• 1 month later...

There are update CDs for Media Controllers. You can always send this CD out to your client and ask them to keep it on hand should the remote upgrade fail. You simply pop the CD into the drive and reboot. It takes care of the rest. I can't remember whether the CD keeps the program intact or whether it erases it as part of the install. However, you could always remotely connect, backup the program, try to perform the remote upgrade and if it fails use the update CD and upload the recently saved program should the update CD erase the software. At the end of an upgrade process, I have without fail always re-indentified my MC/HTC to ensure everything is cool.

There are update CDs for Media Controllers. You can always send this CD out to your client and ask them to keep it on hand should the remote upgrade fail. You simply pop the CD into the drive and reboot. It takes care of the rest. I can't remember whether the CD keeps the program intact or whether it erases it as part of the install. However, you could always remotely connect, backup the program, try to perform the remote upgrade and if it fails use the update CD and upload the recently saved program should the update CD erase the software. At the end of an upgrade process, I have without fail always re-indentified my MC/HTC to ensure everything is cool.

That's awesome, where does one get their hands on one of these CDs? :) Or better yet, can someone be so kind to upload it to the uploads section?

PS, Dan restricted the Drivers section to Dealers/Installers Only.

The ISO images are about 40MB in size. No doubt the guys in tech support will be able to point you in the right direction.

I am not sure what the policy is regarding these CDs. So I will shoot off an email to them tonight, and no doubt I will get a response by tomorrow. I just do not want to do anything wrong by Control4, so I want to seek official confirmation before uploading the files.

BTW. If this gets approved, do you have room for four ISO CD images Dan?

I'm here to deliver the (semi-)bad news. Tech support requested that you speak to them to get the ISO. I appreciate their position (because I will be in the same position for my dealers). I think we should respect their wishes. Sorry guys.

On the bright side -- the CDs exist so all is not lost! It's just a matter of talking to a human to get them, that's all.

Archived