C4 Forums | Control4

New Remotes Inbound.....

RobbieF

I am pretty disappointed as well in this future release.  

A remote shouldn't just be a mini navigator - the use is totally different.   A remote is mainly used when you are sitting in front of a TV as a way of controlling media.

The biggest feature request I wanted (which also matched what C4 customer advocacy said was the biggest request) is a voice control button that can be used to replace my xfinity remote and my apple TV remote.   I am not sure if those are even possible yet with Comcast or Apple, but without even having a mic built in, it will never be a possibility.

Losing the backlight buttons and the color custom buttons to have quick access commands is a huge set back.

So here is my question to the group.    Does anyone know if it is possible to use the new Crestron Remote or Savant with C4?  If so, what would be the simplest system needed to set that up? 

4 hours ago, Jayaredoubleu said:

Thanks for the quick answer.   I assumed it wasn't integrated yet.   

Not only not integrated, no possible way (API available) to integrate.

Comcast's integration at this point is limited to keypress functionality, not even any 2-way 'now playing' data.

RyanE

2 hours ago, Neo1738 said:

I would also say a lot of TVs have mics built in for instance most Sony have G Assistant built in. With the new integration that might be a way (in the future if you don't already have Sony) for you to get the microphone integrated neatly. 

Google Assistant is already integrated.

3 minutes ago, chopedogg88 said:

$600 msrp

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

LOL. So we all now get the privilege of paying $200 more for the same hardware. Thanks C4. 

Correction: it depends when you bought it. Either $250 more or $130 more. Still--what a ripoff. 

Now comes the next part....What functionality is missing? Can you look at surveillance cameras? 

you should probably not be using Control4 and spending so much time on this forum if you hate it so much and think its such a ripoff.  Also if you think that product pricing is based on the cost of the physical material, you are sorely mistaken.  The expensive part is the software, cost to develop, sell, maintain, and support the software and hardware properly.

Just now, chopedogg88 said:

you should probably not be using Control4 and spending so much time on this forum if you hate it so much and think its such a ripoff.  Also if you think that product pricing is based on the cost of the physical material, you are sorely mistaken.  The expensive part is the software, cost to develop, sell, maintain, and support the software and hardware properly.

No. You have got it wrong (at least about me). The pricing isn't so much the issue. I have no problem paying premium dollars for innovative products. And overall I'm very happy with my C4 system.  What I have a problem with is lazy engineering. C4 plainly just bought Neeo--made no modifications to the hardware--and released the same hardware with new software. The problem I have with that is that there are some serious flaws with the Neeo hardware--primarily the lack of backlighting and battery life. So yes. I think its a ripoff for C4 to charge more money for hardware that already has significant flaws and usability issues. 

My second problem comes with C4's lazy software development. They often seem to release incomplete products. The Neeo remote is basically a glorified T3. Except I strongly suspect it will be missing features that the T3 has. Primarily because none of the dealers (who I assume have access to beta versions) have corrected me yet. 

17 minutes ago, ntlord said:

LOL. So we all now get the privilege of paying $200 more for the same hardware. Thanks C4. 

While the external design and many hardware features are the same, the hardware has been upgraded somewhat, with much more RAM and Flash to support larger projects and additional functionality.

The biggest update, of course, is the software and seamless compatibility with Control4.

There's also a better-handled warranty (drop shipped replacement), better dealer support, and a profitable, vibrant, active company supporting the product.

All of these things cost money.

Dealers are not going to discuss products in beta.  That's how you become an ex-dealer, or at minimum an ex-beta participant.

RyanE

7 minutes ago, RyanE said:

While the external design and many hardware features are the same, the hardware has been upgraded somewhat, with much more RAM and Flash to support larger projects and additional functionality.

The biggest update, of course, is the software and seamless compatibility with Control4.

There's also a better-handled warranty (drop shipped replacement), better dealer support, and a profitable, vibrant, active company supporting the product.

Dealers are not going to discuss products in beta.  That's how you become an ex-dealer, or at minimum an ex-beta participant.

RyanE

Thank you for your response. Of course those hardware updates are surface level at best. But since it seems to be officially released, can you answer my question about video cameras? Does the C4 Neeo allow you to look at cameras? 

On 11/2/2019 at 7:30 AM, ejn1 said:

If it has a mic, there should be a way to disable it as I won't have a device with an open mic to a third party in my living room (at least knowingly).

Lol please no one is out to get you, you are not that important. I would worry about the gps enabled device you carry with a mic an Camera a bit more.

15 minutes ago, ntlord said:

Thank you for your response. Of course those hardware updates are surface level at best. But since it seems to be officially released, can you answer my question about video cameras? Does the C4 Neeo allow you to look at cameras? 

Currently, it does not give you access to your cameras, other than through the on-screen display, which you can call up with the Control4 Neeo Remote.

RyanE

27 minutes ago, RyanE said:

RyanE

Ryan, 

Its a Neeo and works like Neeo - Just going to cost a lot more than a Neeo. 

Be Interesting to see if a Old Neeo will work with C4. 

Could be hard sell this one 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.