C4 Forums | Control4

New Remotes Inbound.....

RobbieF

This has been discussed many times. It is not the same thing. When you are using a smartphone you are looking at its screen. when you are using a TV remote you are looking at the TV, not the remote.
When I type on my smartphone I am looking at the upper part of the screen to see the result of what I'm typing on the keyboard, I'm not looking at the keyboard buttons themselves. At first it was very difficult but with more practice and better software, it's now completely natural. That's all I'm saying.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, msgreenf said:
3 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:
The best thing about this remote is we are now aware that we pay 100% more because it  has Control4
on it - 
Neeo Remote £300 C4 Neeo Remote £500/£600 
Thought C4 would have do a lot more with this remote Shame 

Imho everyone should use one before we get so dang critical of it

Use It - Played with it and passed on my View of It 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 9:05 PM, drro said:

I'll put US$5 on you buying (at least) one.  :)

So...I am not sure if you win this bet or I do... I have refrained from buying one so far... but, I just heard today that someone is gifting me one for Christmas (don’t ask... it does probably mean that I spend too much money somewhere!) and I am now as excited as a kid in a candy store because it is going to be an early Christmas gift and I should have it in the next week or so 😁

The best thing about this remote is we are now aware that we pay 100% more because it  has Control4
on it - 
Neeo Remote £300 C4 Neeo Remote £500/£600 
Thought C4 would have do a lot more with this remote Shame 

Yeah, add a backlight.....

3 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

So...I am not sure if you win this bet or I do... I have refrained from buying one so far... but, I just heard today that someone is gifting me one for Christmas (don’t ask... it does probably mean that I spend too much money somewhere!) and I am now as excited as a kid in a candy store because it is going to be an early Christmas gift and I should have it in the next week or so 😁

Sounds like YOU won.  Enjoy!

just got mine today, only thing that doesnt show up for me is the comfort or security screen i have door locks and cams, dont expect the cams to work but expect the same options i have on my sr-260. Didn't know if anyone has seen this remote yet or played with it? And as far as programming not many options.

6 hours ago, DarthData said:

just got mine today, only thing that doesnt show up for me is the comfort or security screen i have door locks and cams, dont expect the cams to work but expect the same options i have on my sr-260. Didn't know if anyone has seen this remote yet or played with it? And as far as programming not many options.

I haven’t got locks on my C4 but I think I read somewhere if you favourite the lock to the room it will show up on the Neeo. Comfort is coming in an update fairly soon  apparently. 

6 hours ago, Thepritch88 said:

I haven’t got locks on my C4 but I think I read somewhere if you favourite the lock to the room it will show up on the Neeo. Comfort is coming in an update fairly soon  apparently. 

I did favorite the lock to the room and it did show up! And okay awesome I was hoping so because on the website and video they advertise the comfort function on there. But I really like the look and feel of it, I'm sure there is way more to come!

9 hours ago, WisC4 said:

I’m getting very slow response on Comcast as a watch source.  Everything else seems to be quicker than 260.  Also I miss the c4 button for quick on screen navigation.  My kids won’t know how to watch tv tomorrow...

I'm in San Antonio so we don't have Comcast, is it IR or IP? Everything in general IP or IR responds faster for me. You can program 5 custom buttons, they show up on the home screen you just have to swipe to the left and they show up there.

11 hours ago, WisC4 said:

I’m getting very slow response on Comcast as a watch source.  Everything else seems to be quicker than 260.  Also I miss the c4 button for quick on screen navigation.  My kids won’t know how to watch tv tomorrow...

You should see a room favorite for on-screen on the home page - unless it was manually disabled?

For what it's worth, I'm actually seeing ever so slightly slower response on the Neeoo than SR-260, side by side. Probably has more to do with setup than anything else

5 hours ago, Cyknight said:

You should see a room favorite for on-screen on the home page - unless it was manually disabled?

For what it's worth, I'm actually seeing ever so slightly slower response on the Neeoo than SR-260, side by side. Probably has more to do with setup than anything else

I did find the C4 button equivalent by pressing the "on screen" icon, but for consistency sake why not make it look like the original red c4 button that people are used to?  Also none of the screen icons that populate when you push "on screen" actually do anything...not sure what the programming intent was, but guide/pageup/pagedown/and c4 favorites menu are non-functional on my remote - as are the numeric icons when you scroll to the second screen.

24 minutes ago, WisC4 said:

I did find the C4 button equivalent by pressing the "on screen" icon, but for consistency sake why not make it look like the original red c4 button that people are used to?  Also none of the screen icons that populate when you push "on screen" actually do anything...not sure what the programming intent was, but guide/pageup/pagedown/and c4 favorites menu are non-functional on my remote - as are the numeric icons when you scroll to the second screen.

The 'control' buttons for the On Screen do have uses on the on-screen, primarily for camera viewing screens.

I don't recall what the mapping is, or how to use them, but that's why they're there.

The 'C4 Favorites' is basically the same as just pressing the 'On Screen' favorite again, it brings you back to the 'main menu' of the On Screen display.

RyanE

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.