C4 Forums | Control4

UK Samsung TV's

Waring192

Hello,

I have quite a few Samsung TV's in my house; QE65Q6DN (2018 - QLED), QE55Q7F (2017 - QLED), QE55Q6FN (2017 - QLED), unsure of the last two but they are around 2015 1080p only.

They are all UK models and from what I have read, only USA models have IP drivers, is that still the case? I don't have a EA1 or Extender at most of the TV locations so using IR is not possible yet until I rig up a few EA1's or extended for IR output.

This leads me onto a second question. I have Plex/Kodi box's (Vero 4K+'s running Kodi with the Plexconnect plugin with Live TV). Is it possible to attach a IR emitter to the Vero 4+ somehow so that it fires commands to the TV via IR?

Cheers

I thought they enabled IP control in some of the 2018 and newer models, anything older than that definitely won’t have IP. Never used that Vero box before, is that even an IR remote that controls it? Even if it is you would need an emitter for each, the box and the TV. You could splice two emitters together though if you only have one output on your controller.

It's pretty much still the case, and even then IF the tv does have IP Control it's not reliable with long WOL delays and missing buttons such as guide. I'd advise forgetting about wasting your time with IP control (When it comes to Samsung UK TV's) and focus on getting IR at the TV's. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.