C4 Forums | Control4

2 week reminder/timer notification programming

drmark12pa

Is there a way I can program a reminder that I can reset using a CUSTOM BUTTON that would be a 2 week or 4 week interval?  I'm trying to program a specific reminder for a filter cleaning reminder but I don't always get it done right on the exact date every 2 weeks so I'd like to program a reminder that I can reset the 2 week interval vs. using a scheduled reminder which can't apparently be reset in Composer.

Reminder pops up, cleaning filter done, I push a CUSTOM BUTTON to restart 2 week timer for reminder to be triggered again in 2 weeks

Think there’s a lot of ways to do this, even without a custom button. 

One way would be to set a timer such that when it expires -> send push notification -> set on and off LED color (on any preferred light switch) to red.

This way when the notification comes and goes You still have that red LED to remind you to change the filter. 

Then set a double or triple tap of that light switch to -> restart timer -> set LED back to normal color. 

bada bing

18 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Why are you doing this in c4. Seems like perfect for Google calendar

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I don't use Google calendar.

C4 timers only allow under double digits hours it should be noted.

I will use the counter method as that seems to be the most favorable for my purposes.

18 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

A daily scheduled event with the following code:

counter = counter + 1

if Counter = 14 then send reminders and set counter to 0

Then use a custom button to set counter to 0 

Or use if counter >= 14 send reminders and don’t set the counter to 0 here.

This will remind you every day after 2 weeks until you do it at which stage you use your experience button to reset the counter to zero.

You can also display the current value of the counter in some way (e.g. on a thermostat)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.