C4 Forums | Control4

Neeo C4 Remote announcement

I have watched a couple of unboxing videos with initial setup and have a question for anyone who knows. Is the Neeo capable of 2 way communication? I know that the current rooms/devices volumes aren't available on the remote now but is it something that could be added at a later time?

19 minutes ago, Baubas Cat said:

I have watched a couple of unboxing videos with initial setup and have a question for anyone who knows. Is the Neeo capable of 2 way communication? I know that the current rooms/devices volumes aren't available on the remote now but is it something that could be added at a later time?

Yes, it's full 2-way communication.

For example, if you have favorites (lights, fan, doors, etc.), as they change state, the favorite icon changes, just like on a T3 or mobile app.

Another example, when you're listening to streaming music, you get full color coverart and transport controls that are specific to the music service, again, just like on the T3 and mobile apps.

Lighting levels change asynchronously when levels adjusted elsewhere, etc.

Volume level display (assuming discrete volume in the current room) is a commonly-requested feature, and should arrive at some point in the future.

RyanE

Here's a crappy, shaky video of what I was talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMhA4ugHlFw

Note that this was filmed a second ago, and I can't navigate the remote while filming with my phone...

Notice the coverart, both on the main page as well as the now playing page.  Also, notice the Now Playing transports change on the last song, since iHeartRadio has a limited number of skips before you have to listen.

RyanE

12 hours ago, Baubas Cat said:

Is there any programming for the remote that can be done in composer or is this remote just pulling the same (or less) information that the C4 apps pull?

What do you mean? Can you give an example of what you're hoping to do?

There are 5 "Remote focused buttons" that you can name and program to do whatever you want. You can lock it to a room and adjust a few little things like that. Then of course you can program off any button press, but that isn't unique to NEEO.

27 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

There are 5 "Remote focused buttons" that you can name and program to do whatever you want. You can lock it to a room and adjust a few little things like that.

When you say "Remote focused buttons" does that mean those buttons will only show up on the remote and not on any of my phones or tablets? Also, are those 5 different "Remote focused buttons" for each room or just 5 "Remote focused buttons" total that can be active in whatever rooms you choose?

They are 'remote-focused', not tied to any particular room.

They are tied to the remote, so you could have a different set of buttons on each remote.  In theory you could do room-specific actions within the programming for those buttons, since the current room the remote is browsing is an available variable on the remote's driver.

RyanE

8 hours ago, Baubas Cat said:

What about Favorites. Are they tied to the remote or does it pull the favorites from the apps. 

Favorites are room favorites, the same favorites and in the same order as on the T3 and mobile apps.

The only exception is if you have favorites that are not supported by the remote.  Cameras, for example, will not show up as a favorite on the remote.

RyanE

On 11/15/2019 at 9:44 PM, RyanE said:

Favorites are room favorites, the same favorites and in the same order as on the T3 and mobile apps.

The only exception is if you have favorites that are not supported by the remote.  Cameras, for example, will not show up as a favorite on the remote.

RyanE

Are shades and locks supported? Those two are used fairly often from our sr260s.

Thanks

21 hours ago, mandiola said:

Are shades and locks supported? Those two are used fairly often from our sr260s.

Shades are not supported.

Lock favorites should work, including Relay-based lock favorites as well as 'Auto Lock' and 'Door / Garage Door' type favorites (which are all Experience Buttons).

RyanE

11 hours ago, RyanE said:

Shades are not supported.

Lock favorites should work, including Relay-based lock favorites as well as 'Auto Lock' and 'Door / Garage Door' type favorites (which are all Experience Buttons).

RyanE

Def think shades should be added. Could a custom button be added to tell shades up/down or some other preset? Not a slider like the lights I know but some functionality in the room?

7 hours ago, Neo1738 said:

Def think shades should be added. Could a custom button be added to tell shades up/down or some other preset? Not a slider like the lights I know but some functionality in the room?

You can use Remote-Focused buttons to program shades to do whatever you want, although they're limited to 5 buttons per remote.

RyanE

Remote looks and feels great, Metal housing feels solid but I'm actually a little nervous to let my kids near it for fear of cracking a screen.  I might let them continue to bang up the 260, they crack those every 6 months.  When i unboxed three of the buttons weren't fully snapped in place into the remote, but a little pressure applied and they reattached fully to the remote.  It seems like there hasn't been much development to take advantage of the screen yet.  I sort of expected more unique soft key controls and 1-button shortcuts for Roku channels, appleTV shortcuts, cable channel directory.  The "on screen"soft key more or less replaces the c4 key, but that's not clear if that's the purpose.  A dedicated c4 would have been nice with how much we've trained everyone to use it around my house.  with the "on screen" menu the screen soft keys are redundant and don't actually do anything.  Feels a little rushed to market, but hopefully some quick software updates will allow for real utilization of the screen.  As it's been mentioned elsewhere, visual volume display would be huge here.  The real missed opportunity with this hardware is not putting in a camera, mic, speaker so they can act as intercoms on the system.  That would open up tons of new uses for these around the house in rooms where i don't want to run another wall -mount touchpanel but would benefit from audio and lighting controls.  

I must say that I am impressed so far! I received my remote this afternoon and initial thoughts:

1. Thanks to my dealer who gave it to me as an early Christmas present 😀

2. Great packaging!

3. a nice solid feel to the remote and the base!

4. International plugs in the pack, so easy to install for those of us not in the USA.

5. Easy to setup and no dealer needed! 

6. Adding  custom buttons in composer is easy and no need to refresh navigators!

7. I would prefer to have the red C4 and not the new On Screen icon... or have this as an option.

I will reserve judgement on whether or not I prefer this to the SR260 for a week or two, but I am looking forward to playing with this!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.