C4 Forums | Control4

Neeo C4 Remote announcement

On 11/6/2019 at 9:37 AM, RyanE said:

Neeo Source selection: Touch a single button on the screen to select the Comcast box, or any of my Roku sources (Netflix / Hulu / Plex / Amazon Prime Video)

SR260 Source selection: Watch -> Menu -> Down button -> Down button -> Down button -> Enter.

Neeo Channel selection: Choose a channel favorite (with station artwork), or use the Channels/Stations driver to choose a station from the handful that I use regularly.

SR260 Channel selection: Remember the number for the station I want, enter it on the numeric keypad, and/or go into guide and scroll until I find it.

Neeo Dish Media shows artwork for all recordings, prime time anytime, and On Demand programming.

RyanE

P.S.  You can also control lights, locks, and other stuff...  :P

I use Nvidia shield but I have to always hit Watch->Netflix... Is there a way to show the Netflix shortcut on the main screen of the NEEO? As a favorite? One press from the main screen? I feel like I saw it here.. 

1 minute ago, poseidonsystems said:

I use Nvidia shield but I have to always hit Watch->Netflix... Is there a way to show the Netflix shortcut on the main screen of the NEEO? As a favorite? One press from the main screen? I feel like I saw it here.. 

Just favorite Netflix using another navigator (phone, T3, etc) and then it will appear as an icon/favorite on your NEEO for that room.

Would love to have this remote...however, the price tag of $600 is out of my budget for a remote.  Control4 is looking to go more and more upmarket and the average user will need to understand that.  if I invest money in the equipment and the add on items(Neeo Remote) costs as much as the original Control4 equipment I may need to reevaluate if I should keep the system.  

Once again...great product just not affordable for us average user!!!  I can do $400 but $600 crosses that line for my budget..SUCKS!!!!

12 hours ago, Nupe1911 said:

Would love to have this remote...however, the price tag of $600 is out of my budget for a remote.  Control4 is looking to go more and more upmarket and the average user will need to understand that.  if I invest money in the equipment and the add on items(Neeo Remote) costs as much as the original Control4 equipment I may need to reevaluate if I should keep the system.  

Once again...great product just not affordable for us average user!!!  I can do $400 but $600 crosses that line for my budget..SUCKS!!!!

Don't forget it is $600 and doesn't have a replaceable battery. The original Neeo allowed for a replaceable battery. Control4 removed that feature. Just another cash grab.

12 hours ago, Nupe1911 said:

Worth noting that $600 is MSRP, any end-user with an ongoing dealer relationship will get a discount.  I have it, and it seems properly priced between a 260 and a higher end Crestron (and the same as Savant).  Control4 is upmarket, no two-ways about it.  Having spent $150,000 on my automation systems this remote seems totally right-priced.

2 hours ago, ntlord said:

Don't forget it is $600 and doesn't have a replaceable battery. The original Neeo allowed for a replaceable battery. Control4 removed that feature. Just another cash grab.

I have always thought that Control4's products were priced pretty fair except for the touchscreens and now this remote. This remote should have been under 400 dollars. The original remote, with the "brain", cost $369. This was purely a markup based on what market Control4 is in.

5 hours ago, therockhr said:

I have always thought that Control4's products were priced pretty fair except for the touchscreens and now this remote. This remote should have been under 400 dollars. The original remote, with the "brain", cost $369. This was purely a markup based on what market Control4 is in.

Nothing is going to change....just expressing frustration on a $600 dollar remote. 

I received mine early this week but haven't got to use it as much as I would like, but here are comments:

- the loss of the hard buttons for transport is really tough.  Onscreen play/pause/ff for video (esp. as a TiVo user) is not good.  SR-260 is better

- no backlight for the hard buttons.  I imagine I'll eventually learn them, but the power/mute/home story have been a mystery so far.

- I don't know why they couldn't get a [4] red icon for the homescreen.  It was not intuitive that the icon they chose takes you there.

- form/speed are wonderful.  It feels good in the hand and seems reliable/tight.

- $600 is too much for this remote, as everyone is saying. 

A little off topic but it looks like a Swiss TV company, Salt, who relies on Apple TV for its viewing, created a new remote for Apple TV because they had so many people who didnt like the Apple TV remote (it stinks). The article says they worked a lot with Apple on this and that it doesnt require pairing.

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/12/09/salt-tv-alternative-apple-tv-4k-remote-control/

The number of buttons on this remote feels right to me. For "DVR" type features, you really need the transport buttons to be on there. That, to me, is the biggest thing missing from the Neeo remote.

Does this new remote have the ability to advance through a single song in my media library like a slider bar to fast forward or rewind similar to the slider used for dimmer function?  I play guitar at times and would like to be able to rewind or advance in a single track to practice certain parts of a song but nothing in C4 has been able to do this.

18 minutes ago, drmark12pa said:

Does this new remote have the ability to advance through a single song in my media library like a slider bar to fast forward or rewind similar to the slider used for dimmer function?  I play guitar at times and would like to be able to rewind or advance in a single track to practice certain parts of a song but nothing in C4 has been able to do this.

Nope that is not possible.

Your best option would be to use AirPlay / Shirbridge or Chromecast then rewind using the slider on the native app your streaming the music from

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:09 PM, BraydonH said:

Nope that is not possible.

Your best option would be to use AirPlay / Shirbridge or Chromecast then rewind using the slider on the native app your streaming the music from

I'm typically playing music from my network hard drives as I have a large music collection from all of my CDs transferred onto hard drive so I use the Control4 media library.  I wish C4 had a slider to fast forward/rewind tracks during playback but I don't see that on any remote or navigator at all.  It's almost like having an 8-track player! Hahah

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.