C4 Forums | Control4

CCZ-T1-W or Nest 3rd Gen?

Waring192

I currently have the Nest 3rd gen fitted but know someone selling the old Control4 CCZ-T1-W thermostat for cheap as chips. Is it a upgrade (more features) or not?

Obviously the new C4-THERM-WH is better (I guess?!) than the older CCZ-T1-W but is it worth the £££ to change from my Nest to the current C4-THERM-WH if the cheap one isn’t that much better?

Cheers

First question - do you have a commmon wire.

Chances are yes with a nest, but if the answer is no, don't use the old C4 thermostat.

As for Nest T-Stat, currently there is no integration available since works with nest was cut (C4 has stated they are working on getting it back via works with google assistant though) - but I don't know the level of integration with Control4 that will be available.

As such, it's impossible to compare the two, as we're not sure yet what the new driver will allow.

5 hours ago, Waring192 said:

bviously the new C4-THERM-WH is better (I guess?!)

To briefly answer this - yes. You can think of the aesthetics of the piece what you will, but the current t-stat is able to control a LOT of heating options and setups, works well on batteries and is proven to be very dependable in all setups I've seen so far.

Not that the old t-stat had a high failure rate, but it was limited what it could work with, and basically was not able to operate on battery.

Cheers for all the information Cyknight, very helpful indeed.

2 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

I’ve got one of the old thermostats that I’ll give you - cover shipping. Works great. 

Thats very kind of you ILoveC4! Im in the UK, would it still work over here? I take it I would need some transformer of some kind?

Are you happy to post to the UK (I will pay of course!) if it will work here?

Thanks again!

8 hours ago, Waring192 said:

Cheers for all the information Cyknight, very helpful indeed.

Thats very kind of you ILoveC4! Im in the UK, would it still work over here? I take it I would need some transformer of some kind?

Are you happy to post to the UK (I will pay of course!) if it will work here?

Thanks again!

I've never tried to connect a thermostat in the UK so I have no idea. It's just sitting here though, and I haven't wanted to take the hassle to list it for sale and haven't been able to bring myself to throw it out.

You can do the research as to whether it will work or not; just let me know if you want it.

1 hour ago, ILoveC4 said:

I've never tried to connect a thermostat in the UK so I have no idea. It's just sitting here though, and I haven't wanted to take the hassle to list it for sale and haven't been able to bring myself to throw it out.

You can do the research as to whether it will work or not; just let me know if you want it.

Cheers, il have a look around and do some research and hopefully someone might pop the answer in this thread also...

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Kahn said:

I never migrated my Nest Account to Google......Never did the two step authentication either and I'm able to "skip" the process and log into my account. My Nest thermostat working fine on 3.1 currently.

Yeah, mine is working fine on 3.1 also.

I would stick with the nest thermostat. It just look so much better and has more features.

I actually use T1 thermostats at my house and they have never skipped a beat. It is nice to be able to schedule thigns directly from C4 as well.

They are both good products. Just stick with what you have.

12 minutes ago, BraydonH said:

I would stick with the nest thermostat. It just look so much better and has more features.

I actually use T1 thermostats at my house and they have never skipped a beat. It is nice to be able to schedule thigns directly from C4 as well.

They are both good products. Just stick with what you have.

True on the looks. It would be nice if the scheduling was possible via C4 instead of only the nest app. 

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.