C4 Forums | Control4

Am I screwed as all my network gear is UniFi?!

Waring192

Question

Hello all again,

Becoming more frequently on this forum recently as I’m always asking questions! Anyhow, basically I own a Elan Home Systems installer company. I used to have a Elan system in my old house but since u moved house in June I decided to go with C4 due to a few reasons like lack of drivers etc. C4 wouldn’t let us become a dealer as too many around us already but thankfully I play rugby with a C4 installer and he said he would order parts that I cannot find online or eBay and also program the system. I would fit all the parts and do the cabling etc.

So in the old house I had Elan and UniFi working fine and have started to install all my UniFi gear in this house. I have quite slot and ALL my networking is UniFi. It’s been working so far, as in setting up the parts but I have not used it for music etc at all...

Annnnnddddddd I just read this: Unifi Made Control4 ‘s Do Not Use List - PIM Support

This is a list of everything I already have to go inside the cabinet:

• 1u Fan Module 
  • 1u UniFi Cloud Key 2+ with UniFi rack mount
  • 1u UniFi Security Gateway Pro
  • 1u 24 port patch panel
  • 1u UniFi 24 port Switch
  • 1u 24 port patch panel
  • 1u UniFi 24 port POE Switch (250w)
  • 1u Space
  • 1u Control4 EA-3 on shelf
  • 1u Control4 HC800 rack mount
  • 1u shelf for Vero 4K + and Apple TV 4K 
  • 2u shelf for Xbox One X
  • 1u Space
  • 5u Shelf for Pioneer LX-503 AVR
  • 3u Control4 8-Zone Power Amplifier C4-AMP108
  • 3u Control4 Audio Matrix Switch C4-16S2-E-B 25
  • 1u space
  • 4u Unraid Server 30
  • 1u Furman M-10LX E Power Conditioner (12A outlets)
  • 2u APC SMT1500RMI Smart UPS

I also have 4 brand new UniFi G3 cameras, a Doorbird, Control4 lighting etc.

Sooooooo, basically, am I screwed?! Do I have to source new networking gear to replace it all? I haven’t spoken to my friend yet as it was to late in the evening to call him when I read about it.

Cheers

8 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, RobbieF said:

The network will be fine (If configured correctly), but the Camera's from ther Gen2 Plus don't integrate into C4

If you enable the RTSP stream in Protect and use the generic IP driver it should. 

1 hour ago, RobbieF said:

The network will be fine (If configured correctly), but the Camera's from ther Gen2 Plus don't integrate into C4

57 minutes ago, KWD said:

If you enable the RTSP stream in Protect and use the generic IP driver it should. 

Thanks all for letting me know there should be no problem with UniFi for networking.

I also got the cameras working using the method mentioned above :) 

I had a go at using the Audio Obsessions Blue Iris driver but its stuck on 'URL obscured by the driver developer/manufacturer. Contact them for further support.' when I try to 'Get Snapshot URL'?

Were you able to get both the snapshot and video portion of Unifi Protect cameras working?  I am able to get the video portion working, but since the Snapshot requires a different IP (ip of the cameras instead of the NVR), I haven't been able to get it work fully.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.