C4 Forums | Control4

Need help with selecting NVR/IP camera

northernlights

Here is what I have and what my needs are:

I have a DS2 camera at the door. I also have an exterior Panasonic IP camera for my courtyard.

I would like to add a very low profile and inconspicuous indoor IP camera that will be placed up high on a bookshelf looking over the family room and main corridor throughout the house. There is local power and a switch at the bookshelf. I don't need a camera that is capable of very low to no light. Low profile is the key. I would like the camera to have motion sensing built in to trigger the NVR to record on any motion event.

So I need a camera and NVR that meets these needs. Any help would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, northernlights said:

Here is what I have and what my needs are:

I have a DS2 camera at the door. I also have an exterior Panasonic IP camera for my courtyard.

I would like to add a very low profile and inconspicuous indoor IP camera that will be placed up high on a bookshelf looking over the family room and main corridor throughout the house. There is local power and a switch at the bookshelf. I don't need a camera that is capable of very low to no light. Low profile is the key. I would like the camera to have motion sensing built in to trigger the NVR to record on any motion event.

So I need a camera and NVR that meets these needs. Any help would be appreciated.

FD816CA vivotek

super small indoor camera.  Not good in low light but you don’t need that.  I have 2 and like them

its PoE and ceiling mount but it’s a great small unit so not sure that form factor will work   

for mixed camera environment I use blue iris and works perfect

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.