C4 Forums | Control4

LDZ-102-X WH still work on OS 3.1?

paulromi

The older dimmers are NOT as good as dimming LEDs as the new ones (especially APD ones) and have a considerably higher minimum wattage3 which can come into play with LED.

Many LEDs will dim just fine on them, others may have limited dimming ability or flicker while dimming.

As for how long they'll be supported - no-one can answer that.

I have older SWITCHES in my project - they work fine but I'm phasing them out one at the time. I use the switches for closets, bathroom exhaust fans, outdoor floods, outdoors, and generally places that are not in high visibility areas that I'd still like a little control over...I find the APD to be far superior with a wider range of LED in terms of dimming without flicker.

18 hours ago, Kahn said:

I have older SWITCHES in my project - they work fine but I'm phasing them out one at the time. I use the switches for closets, bathroom exhaust fans, outdoor floods, outdoors, and generally places that are not in high visibility areas that I'd still like a little control over...I find the APD to be far superior with a wider range of LED in terms of dimming without flicker.

Anyone want to sell me their old white switches.  Essentially I need to change 70 switches from Almond to white

I just need the pop off color change kits in white ...both switch and dimmer type (I believe they are the same )
I don't think they are the same and your post did not make it sound like you wanted color change kits as those words aren't even in the post

7 minutes ago, msgreenf said:
23 minutes ago, digitaltrader said:
I just need the pop off color change kits in white ...both switch and dimmer type (I believe they are the same )

I don't think they are the same and your post did not make it sound like you wanted color change kits as those words aren't even in the post

Sorry...I may be interested in the switches and dimmers if you have any.  I’ll just swap the colors and resell them.

To be clear, they are NOT the same! Dimmers have a pull out bar on thd top, and they don't sit properly on switches. And a 'full shutdown' option is generally required by code, so you can't use a switch on a dimmer either (never even tried to fit them on)

Also, be careful in that the OLDEST dimmers and switches CANNOT have their faceplates changed (or use their faceplates on a newer one).

You'll recognize those by the thin copper band visible on the side when the cover is off.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.