C4 Forums | Control4

Fireplace Switch/Dimmer

N8Ball

Question

I have a "Low Volt" switch that simply tells my fireplace to turn off or on.

The back of the current switch simply has 1 line into the switch and another line out of the switch. I was told by my electrician, that it is a "Low Volt" switch. He basically grabbed the switch and was touching all over it and said "see it doesn't shock you". Freaked me out.

Would the "Wireless 0-10V Dimmer" work?

https://www.control4.com/docs/product/wireless-0-10v-dimmer/data-sheet/english/latest/wireless-0-10v-dimmer-data-sheet-rev-a.pdf

Thanks

6 answers to this question

Never done it, but I think you would want to use a normal switch and a 120v relay to do the switching or a keypad that controls a zigbee remote relay. Could even run it back to the controller if it has any free relays. Electrician should have a good idea on how he would prefer to wire it. 

On 11/13/2019 at 2:53 PM, alanchow said:

Quite a lot of fireplaces nowadays come with RF remotes or IR remotes.

If your one does then it will likely work with Bond Bridge.  Check the driver out via the link below.

https://www.chowmainsoft.com/bond-control4

There has been some mention of Bond Bridge not working with gas fireplaces only electric - is that correct?

12 hours ago, WisC4 said:

There has been some mention of Bond Bridge not working with gas fireplaces only electric - is that correct?

It's supposed to.  The only reviews I've heard about not working with a gas fireplace is from an amazon review in Dec 2018.  Alexa rolled out an update and would not connect with bond after.  This is obviously not directly related to a gas fireplace.

I have yet to try this but will try to post my results once I have time to integrate my own fireplace.

Bond works with remotes that are 350-450mhz.

it does not differentiate based on things like gas or electrical as it honestly doesn’t know the difference.

You can provide the FCC ID on the back of the remote to Bond along with the make and manufacturer and they will advise if it is compatible.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.