C4 Forums | Control4

Intrinsic Dev - Apple TV tvOS13 IP Driver

IntrinsicGroup

Back on topic I have a weird problem I can't figure out, I have an Apple TV 4K and a non-4K (4th gen I think) in this project. I've installed 2 instances of the driver and put in the license key. The 4K works perfectly, the non-4K doesn't work at all and when I remove it and re-add it etc etc (naturally, to try and get it working) it appears to be crashing my EA-5.

Any ideas? Any logs I could provide?

EDIT: looks like some beloved control4 wonkiness, after removing and reinstating the driver a gazillion times, restarting composer, restarting the controller, then doing all those things again and again in different orders, it's working.

1 minute ago, timbooo said:

Back on topic I have a weird problem I can't figure out, I have an Apple TV 4K and a non-4K (4th gen I think) in this project. I've installed 2 instances of the driver and put in the license key. The 4K works perfectly, the non-4K doesn't work at all and when I remove it and re-add it etc etc (naturally, to try and get it working) it appears to be crashing my EA-5.

Any ideas? Any logs I could provide?

Just drop a ticket at www.intrinsicdev.co.uk/support.  If you include the full LUA debug output for us to look at and our tech team can dive in for you.

8 minutes ago, IntrinsicGroup said:

Just drop a ticket at www.intrinsicdev.co.uk/support.  If you include the full LUA debug output for us to look at and our tech team can dive in for you.

Obviously it started working immediately after posting. I guess you're just that good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I plan on getting this installed soon

Quick question - can I buy the license on your site and then provide the key to my dealer? Or does he need to buy the license directly?

Also, if my dealer is going to set everything up remotely, what info from my system will he need? I have 4 ATV 4Ks. IP address of each?  MAC address of my HC800? Etc.?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, pinkoos said:

I plan on getting this installed soon

Quick question - can I buy the license on your site and then provide the key to my dealer? Or does he need to buy the license directly?

Also, if my dealer is going to set everything up remotely, what info from my system will he need? I have 4 ATV 4Ks. IP address of each?  MAC address of my HC800? Etc.?

Thanks

Hi there,

Only dealers can purchase from our site, so they'll need to do that.

They'll just need to know the four IP Addresses of the Apple TV's and the login details for your site (if they don't already have them).

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my dealer to install this for our 4 ATV 4Ks - works very nicely, much more responsive than the Zigbee IR solution he had to rig up after the tvOS 13 update

Questions:

Is there a command that will kill whatever is streaming upon ROOM OFF?  We have YouTube TV and I'd like to kill the stream (so as to not use bandwidth) when we press ROOM OFF on our C4 remotes? Right now, I programmed STOP and I believe it's pausing the stream but I'm not clear if data is still flowing in but just not playing, or if STOP does indeed kill the stream (BTW, I tried the POWER OFF command but that didn't seem to do anything)

Also, a previous poster mentioned this, "Just a recommendation for anyone freshly updating to the new OS and installing this driver, go into [ settings > remotes ] and revert the "Home Button" behaviour to Home Screen instead of ATV App. Otherwise the behaviour of the CNCL button (which is clearly mapped to HOME) will confuse the hell out of you. Or maybe just me."

What does that mean exactly? Is that something I can do via Composer HE?

Thanks

50 minutes ago, pinkoos said:

Finally got my dealer to install this for our 4 ATV 4Ks - works very nicely, much more responsive than the Zigbee IR solution he had to rig up after the tvOS 13 update

Questions:

Is there a command that will kill whatever is streaming upon ROOM OFF?  We have YouTube TV and I'd like to kill the stream (so as to not use bandwidth) when we press ROOM OFF on our C4 remotes? Right now, I programmed STOP and I believe it's pausing the stream but I'm not clear if data is still flowing in but just not playing, or if STOP does indeed kill the stream (BTW, I tried the POWER OFF command but that didn't seem to do anything)

Also, a previous poster mentioned this, "Just a recommendation for anyone freshly updating to the new OS and installing this driver, go into [ settings > remotes ] and revert the "Home Button" behaviour to Home Screen instead of ATV App. Otherwise the behaviour of the CNCL button (which is clearly mapped to HOME) will confuse the hell out of you. Or maybe just me."

Thanks

Could programming the Home button command to fire on room off work?

14 minutes ago, gtfitz said:

I programmed my room off to fire the menus command 4 times. Also, if I switch to my cable box this fires. This takes it all the way back to the Apple TV menu anytime we turn the room off or change back to the cable box.

Did you program any pauses or delays between each menu command? Thank you

Initially I did it without any pauses between commands and it worked ... but then to be overly cautious I added in 500 milisec pauses between each Apple TV Menu command (I am still on IR and not IP so felt like no pauses could occasionally miss a couple commands).

On 12/29/2019 at 4:20 PM, pinkoos said:

Thanks

That was me. Really I was just commenting that the CNCL button on the C4 remote is mapped to HOME in this driver. When the Apple TV updates it changes the default of the HOME button/command to load the ATV (ATV+?) app rather than the home screen as it did before. If that doesn't make any sense to you I guess you probably don't need to worry about it.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.