C4 Forums | Control4

Intrinsic Dev - Apple TV tvOS13 IP Driver

IntrinsicGroup

24 minutes ago, BuffaloC4 said:

I find that this driver falls asleep sometimes after inactivity and only works again once I use factory remote. When I first identified it I was so impressed with the driver, but now I’m not certain!

What version of the driver are you using on there?  There was a situation we discovered where the ATV jumped outside of the normal control range, so the driver would loose control.  We issued a fix where the ATV now tells us if has done this so we can get back control - it's a free update you can just download from the site.  Any problems, just drop us a ticket at www.intrinsicdev.co.uk/support and we'll be able to help.

On 1/17/2020 at 10:19 PM, witt312 said:

Has there been any investigation into implementing shortcut behavior now that iOS added "Open App on Apple TV" as an action?  This has routinely been a key feature in the preference in using Roku boxes.

Yes, we want it (we have for our Roku drivers) but Apple didn't have this has an official part of their protocol.  Once they add it, we'll look to bring it in.

15 minutes ago, IntrinsicGroup said:

Yes, we want it (we have for our Roku drivers) but Apple didn't have this has an official part of their protocol.  Once they add it, we'll look to bring it in.

Not sure how Apple implemented, but I was able to successful test out directly launching apps on the atv 4K via the Shortcuts app in iOS.

2 hours ago, IntrinsicGroup said:

What version of the driver are you using on there?  There was a situation we discovered where the ATV jumped outside of the normal control range, so the driver would loose control.  We issued a fix where the ATV now tells us if has done this so we can get back control - it's a free update you can just download from the site.  Any problems, just drop us a ticket at www.intrinsicdev.co.uk/support and we'll be able to help.

I just purchased it and set it up yesterday. So I assume it’s the most current version. 

this most recent power up took 2 mins for the atv to start responding. Thought I had to go re ID the atv but midway through booting up computer I gained control. 

It’s not a huge deal.... especially since I have no room for another IR bud on the IO....

updating Apple TV firmware now.

40 minutes ago, BuffaloC4 said:

I just purchased it and set it up yesterday. So I assume it’s the most current version. 

this most recent power up took 2 mins for the atv to start responding. Thought I had to go re ID the atv but midway through booting up computer I gained control. 

It’s not a huge deal.... especially since I have no room for another IR bud on the IO....

updating Apple TV firmware now.

That sounds like it's a wake up issue rather than a control issue.  We generally recommend setting the ATV to not go to sleep.  If you open the IOS app you'll see an identical behaviour - sometimes it doesn't wake up in spite of multiple button presses.  We're hoping Apple will change this, so that any button press wakes the ATV.  We're trying to see if we can get a specific wake up command, for times when this happens!

• 2 weeks later...

A little disappointed by the activation process.  I was buying a copy for a customer and got 1 char wrong in the mac address.  Since it was the middle of the night UK time, I bought another copy 3 min later when I found the mistake, now they won't give me a refund for the bad mac.  They will transfer it to another mac but IDK when I will sell another copy...

5 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

A little disappointed by the activation process.  I was buying a copy for a customer and got 1 char wrong in the mac address.  Since it was the middle of the night UK time, I bought another copy 3 min later when I found the mistake, now they won't give me a refund for the bad mac.  They will transfer it to another mac but IDK when I will sell another copy...

Hi there - unfortunately we had to impose this policy as inspire of giving dealers free copies for their own homes and showrooms, we were finding a lot of abuse and unfortunately you've been caught up in the consequences of this.  We are aware this is not ideal and we are currently developing a new licensing system that will enable you to manage your own license keys and move them around between systems so that we can ensure this is all fair.  This will hopefully be launched in the next month or so.

Just now, IntrinsicGroup said:

Hi there - unfortunately we had to impose this policy as inspire of giving dealers free copies for their own homes and showrooms, we were finding a lot of abuse and unfortunately you've been caught up in the consequences of this.  We are aware this is not ideal and we are currently developing a new licensing system that will enable you to manage your own license keys and move them around between systems so that we can ensure this is all fair.  This will hopefully be launched in the next month or so.

will this apply to already purchased keys?  Cause now I stuck holding something that is worthless....I may never sell another copy.  you can tell from the 2 copies that i bought 3 minutes apart that there is 1 char difference.  This is not abuse - this is an honest mistake

Just now, msgreenf said:

will this apply to already purchased keys?  Cause now I stuck holding something that is worthless....I may never sell another copy.  you can tell from the 2 copies that i bought 3 minutes apart that there is 1 char difference.  This is not abuse - this is an honest mistake

Yes, this will apply to all previous transactions.  We had a lot of "honest mistakes" but one character difference does sound genuine - if you drop a support ticket and reference this message, we can arrange to get that one refunded for you.

Just now, IntrinsicGroup said:

Yes, this will apply to all previous transactions.  We had a lot of "honest mistakes" but one character difference does sound genuine - if you drop a support ticket and reference this message, we can arrange to get that one refunded for you.

thank you.  I will update my support tix.  I write drivers - i get it but that is also why the system I use allows for killing keys remotely because mistakes do happen.  

3 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

thank you.  I will update my support tix.  I write drivers - i get it but that is also why the system I use allows for killing keys remotely because mistakes do happen.  

No problem - yes the original system was designed to ensure no need for an online connection.  The new one is a hybrid, so covers scenarios with no connection and with a connection.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been happily using the driver for the last three weeks. Can you give me some guidance on how to program best for skipping ahead and going back in a video? 

Looking forward to automatic updates. Any word on when the next update is slated to be released?

38 minutes ago, snipboy said:

I've been happily using the driver for the last three weeks. Can you give me some guidance on how to program best for skipping ahead and going back in a video? 

Looking forward to automatic updates. Any word on when the next update is slated to be released?

So we spoke to C4 - they have no plans on enabling Auto Update on third party drivers at present.  By skipping forward/back are you meaning to say jump forwards 15 seconds?

35 minutes ago, pinkoos said:

@IntrinsicGroup Are you able to build in the functionality the official driver has to stop or go home on Room Off? This is to try and stop whatever is streaming when the room is turned off

Unfortunately, we think this has to be done via custom programming and can't be done automatically in the driver

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.