C4 Forums | Control4

Intrinsic Dev - Apple TV tvOS13 IP Driver

IntrinsicGroup

42 minutes ago, Amr said:

😐 the driver was working just fine, the changes you have made had no functionality whatsoever expect changing your driver authentication from serials to auto! I have no idea what you are gaining from this change! Please do not blame the hardware at all, it’s working just fine! 

3E228384-A709-459E-8788-D12F76A48B74.png

There's nothing stopping you running the old version of the driver if it worked better for you - you have no obligation to upgrade.

In the old version we identified a scenario where if the ATV connection dropped momentarily C4 was unable to detect it and so the driver assumed it was still connected.

We modified the driver to reconnect each session in 100ms, which is faster than you lift your finger off the button, so the new build supports this and means they'll never be a time when a connection fails.

Of the several thousand deployed drivers, we currently have 3 reports of issues - all on the older HC series.  We currently have two HC250s and an HC800 set up on test to see if there's anything we can do for this fringe case.

2 minutes ago, Adamj771 said:

Actually old driver no longer functions for whatever reason. That is why I was forced to upgrade to the newer one. Old one used to work flawlessly for me before a few weeks ago. 

The old driver is still working as well - Apple haven't made any changes there, so if you haven't got control that would point to a different issue in your setup.

24 minutes ago, IntrinsicGroup said:

The old driver is still working as well - Apple haven't made any changes there, so if you haven't got control that would point to a different issue in your setup.

I contacted your support team when the old version stopped working. They directed me to install the new version that was “just released”.  I did so and here we are...

1 hour ago, Adamj771 said:

I contacted your support team when the old version stopped working. They directed me to install the new version that was “just released”.  I did so and here we are...

That's right - if you have a problem, we'd always recommend the first step is to upgrade if there's a newer version out as it will address any known issues.  As mentioned earlier, if you had problems before and still have problems now, it sounds like there's something else at play, as there's thousands of fault free installs across four different control eco-systems.  If you open a new support ticket, one of our team would be happy to try and help you diagnose where the problem lies.

***Recommended Update for HC800 Users***

We have been able to replicate an issue reported by small handful of users of the older HC series controllers where control was lost and did not automatically resume.   It transpired that some commands were just to quick for these older processors to handle (particularly when upgraded to the latest C4 OS.). We have modified the driver to account for the longer processing time and recommend HC800 users upgrade to ensure connectivity is never lost.

The latest version can be downloaded from our site:

https://intrinsicdev.com/downloads/apple-tv-driver-control4/

3 hours ago, IntrinsicGroup said:

We have been able to replicate an issue reported by small handful of users of the older HC series controllers where control was lost and did not automatically resume.   It transpired that some commands were just to quick for these older processors to handle (particularly when upgraded to the latest C4 OS.). We have modified the driver to account for the longer processing time and recommend HC800 users upgrade to ensure connectivity is never lost.

Perfect and thanks, driver working normally now.

On 6/17/2020 at 8:43 PM, IntrinsicGroup said:

Thank you for standing behind your software ...

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2020 at 3:18 AM, IntrinsicGroup said:

No problem - it's important for us that people can trust and rely on our solutions.

Hello Intrinsic,

AppleTv updated to 13.4.8 today to get the new CBS app to work. It broke the connection to your driver. It will not show up as a source and the LUA output is:

///////////// UPDATE_DEVICE

6004   443    ONLINE

Sending something

Cloud Logging Disabled

6004   443    OFFLINE

I bought this driver only a month ago and the first update apple does breaks it. Your site tells me I have the latest version of your driver. Please tell me what to do to get this to work again. My driver version is 200606.

Thank you for your immediate attention to this.

6 hours ago, schrady said:

Hello Intrinsic,

AppleTv updated to 13.4.8 today to get the new CBS app to work. It broke the connection to your driver. It will not show up as a source and the LUA output is:

6004   443    ONLINE

Sending something

Cloud Logging Disabled

6004   443    OFFLINE

I bought this driver only a month ago and the first update apple does breaks it. Your site tells me I have the latest version of your driver. Please tell me what to do to get this to work again. My driver version is 200606.

Thank you for your immediate attention to this.

It looks like you have a non driver related problem - An Apple TV update can't stop the driver showing up as a source - that can only be done in your programming in Composer.  We would recommend that you get your installer to look at this. 

The driver is full compatible with 13.4.8 - it's using Apple's Media Remote Protocol which works on all versions of TVOS13 and each update is verified by a global pool of experienced C4 dealers before being publicly released.

• 2 months later...
On 5/1/2020 at 6:01 PM, IntrinsicGroup said:

We've now added a sign up form on the website:

https://intrinsicdev.com/end-user-newsletter/

We'll aim to fire out a newsletter with any major driver updates, aimed at end users, so that you know when to give your dealer a call!

I signed up for your newsletter in May, but have never gotten one.  Did you ever publish an end user newsletter?

1 minute ago, BubbaDuck said:

Will this driver allow use of Apple Music through AppleTV?

I'm not sure what that question means....nothing have ever prevented you from using Apple Music on the AppleTV..but you don't get meta data from Apple Music...

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, JJ7 said:

What's the cost for this driver? I'm considering reaching out to my dealer about integrating it... currently us IR for my Apple TV 4K.

We don't set a public retail price for this driver, but most dealers sell it on at an affordable price - only one license is needed for your entire system.

• 2 months later...

I'm generally quite happy with this driver. But I will mention one small issue. I use the radio paradise app. If I return to the app from the main screen it comes up as "Paused". With this driver no key I press will make the audio play, I have to use the real physical apple remote instead.

I guess I don't know if this is a quirk of the radio paradise app or not. But hitting play on the real remote does work. I would appreciate if the devs could investigate.

10 hours ago, JJ7 said:

I'm generally quite happy with this driver. But I will mention one small issue. I use the radio paradise app. If I return to the app from the main screen it comes up as "Paused". With this driver no key I press will make the audio play, I have to use the real physical apple remote instead.

I guess I don't know if this is a quirk of the radio paradise app or not. But hitting play on the real remote does work. I would appreciate if the devs could investigate.

Thanks for letting us know. It is most likely a quirk of the Radio Paradise app unfortunately. Due to the way they're written some apps respond differently to the commands we send. As play/pause etc are working fine in other apps its therefore a localised issue with the Radio Paradise app. 

I have noted it down on the driver file though so when we next come to do an update on this driver the developers will look to see if there's anything they can do.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2021 at 5:12 AM, JJ7 said:

We've released an update to the driver that uses some updated commands that have improved compatibility with some apps. We can't test all apps unfortunately and it all depends on how the app was written but you may find it helps with Radio Paradise. The update is 210102, it might be worth checking with your dealer which version you currently have installed to see if the update helps at all.

On 3/19/2021 at 8:03 AM, IntrinsicGroup said:

We've released an update to the driver that uses some updated commands that have improved compatibility with some apps. We can't test all apps unfortunately and it all depends on how the app was written but you may find it helps with Radio Paradise. The update is 210102, it might be worth checking with your dealer which version you currently have installed to see if the update helps at all.

Happy to report that the radio paradise app is now working with this latest driver. Thanks for the excellent support!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.