C4 Forums | Control4

Just Add Power System

ILoveC4

I'm selling my Just Add Power system. It has been installed for 2 years, and works awesome! I wanted to grow the system and got a unique opportunity to try out a more traditional matrix that fights my Input/Output requirements and so I'm going to give it a try.

The Just Add Power system is awesome and has been absolutely flawless. The system I have for sale here includes:

The Just Add Power switch is setup to handle many more inputs and outputs, so you can easily expand the input and output. Just Add Power has tons of benefits that get around HDMI challenges with EDID, mixing/matching tech (720p, 1080p, 4k, etc...) and not having to dumb everything down to the lowest level.

CURRENT Retail on this system is roughly $8,000 - if you're interested make me an offer, you might be surprised at what I'm willing to sell it for! You'll need to have your dealer install the appropriate drivers (no cost for the driver, but you'll need to work a service fee out with your dealer) - I cannot help with that. I can help you get more transmitters/receivers if you'd like.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm also open to breaking this up, if you want to buy all the transmitters or all the receivers and not the switch.

10 minutes ago, C4Jedi said:

I've always wanted the JAP setup.... I am curious as to what system you are going to that would cause you to give up JAP? Inquiring minds would love to know. 

This one: https://www.blackwiredesigns.com/store/8x8-4k60-444-hdmi-matrix-down-mixing-hdmi-hdbt/

But I'm only going to do it if I can easily offload the JAP setup. Otherwise, I'll just keep running the JAP as it has been absolutely flawless.

28 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

I wanted to grow the system and got a unique opportunity to try out a more traditional matrix that fights my Input/Output requirements and so I'm going to give it a try.

I am curious also, what specifics are you requiring that the Jap system doesn't deliver on? 

Cheers

1 hour ago, tdougray said:

I am curious also, what specifics are you requiring that the Jap system doesn't deliver on? 

Cheers

Becuase his JAP stuff is 1080p and he wants 4K60 4:4:4. So he either has to replace every single JAP transmitter and receiver or buy the AV Pro Edge gear.

If you want the 4K JAP stuff with audio down mixing it is pretty expensive and I bet he could swap to AVProEdge for less than replacing the JAP gear. Also the JAP gear is only 4K30.

1 minute ago, BraydonH said:

Becuase his JAP stuff is 1080p and he wants 4K 4:4:4. So he either has to replace every single JAP transmitter and receiver or buy the AV Pro Edge gear.

If you want the 4K JAP stuff with audio down mixing it is pretty expensive and I bet he could swap to AVProEdge for less than replacing the JAP gear.

Make sense, I assumed it was the 3G type already as it is only 2 yrs old. My bad

Yep - fueled by 4K. I CAN replace just the receivers (3) with 4K receivers, and then get 4K transmitters for my 4K sources.

It is the 2G+/3G stuff, but is only 1080p. I’ve never had the desire for 4K, but I got new TV’s and projector and it’s 4K so I figured maybe I’d give it a shot. All truth told, the 1080P stuff looks phenomenal to me!

1 hour ago, tdougray said:

Because Jap is not a closed system like a matrix would you not consider sticking with it and just upgrading to the 4K Bits a bit at a time, especially as you can mix and match? 

or like me are you impatient and want it all straight away 😂

Yeah, for sure I’m open to that. I just figured it might be easier to sell everything together than to sell individual components. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2020 at 1:36 PM, ILoveC4 said:

BUMP! I'd love to find a buyer for this system. If you're interested, shoot me an offer. You might be surprised at what I'd take!

Just now seeing this.  Curious if you have sold.  Have been thinking about trying JAP, although I wouldn’t need the of transmitters and receivers that you have.  

16 minutes ago, Ron Roland said:

Just now seeing this.  Curious if you have sold.  Have been thinking about trying JAP, although I wouldn’t need the of transmitters and receivers that you have.  

I haven’t sold it yet. PM what you need and an offer. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.