C4 Forums | Control4

4” Panel and 2.10

Hello - new homeowner here. Thanks for answering my questions to-date. Just had the installers here to transfer ownership of the system, setup TVs, etc...

during this process, the Ea5 controller was updated to 2.10.  I noticed my existing wall touch panels no longer work and I was directed to get some tablets and put them on the wall instead.

This is a major bummer of course and I would have appreciated a heads-up before being told my panels will no longer work.

any workarounds here?

Pic of panel and version info attached.

A9D19F38-816F-4C8F-A40E-081B4FA46788.jpeg

Bad news - Those are definitely "end of life".....those are super old touchscreens. I wouldn't have them in a 2.10 project at all.

Good news - staying on 2.10 and you could use the C07 touchscreens which are widely available on fleabay for $100 or less with the backbox. Combine that with intercom anywhere and 4Sight - you got yourself a nice little upgrade worth the money. The C07's technically "work" in 3.0 should you choose that path - but who knows for how long

As far as I can remember, the C07's are POE.
C4 is dealer based system so yes you will always need the dealer for hardware changes like that. There's some DIY can save you a few bucks  -for example buying the C07's and installing yourself and running the CAT5/6 yourself and finally installing a POE switch on your network connecting the CO7's. Personally - I use my dealer for all that as I just don't have the time to crawl around in the attic etc. The better your relationship with your dealer - the more you will enjoy the C4 environment. Your dealer has an easy service call for this upgrade and even some remotely - assuming you have 4Sight.

One last side note: I'm a bit interested  in the upgrade the OS…….didn't your dealer go over what's going to be impacted ahead of the upgrade to 2.10? I don't know what other equipment is in your project either. For all I know you could still have some serious "upgrade incompatibility" issues to resolve.

2 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

that's pretty crappy of the dealer to not give you a heads--up and the option of keeping those or upgrading.  I always warn my customers of any lost functionality before doing an upgrade!

As would any dealer worth their salt... You should definitely take it up with your dealer and probably change dealers!

Thanks - I will definitely call the Dealer Monday to complain. FYI on the panels — there is already Poe to each bricked panel so replacing them will just be an unplanned expense.

So far everything else appears to still be working - lighting, other a/v sources, security cameras.

if you pardon a few other questions:

- is there a driver for the Bryant Evolution Connex hvac control?

- can you get third party motors to manage Hunter Douglas manual (pull rope) shades?

Thanks.

Christopher,

I'm unaware of any driver for the HVAC you mentioned - BUT you should consult with your dealer about NEST or C4 integration via thermostats available.
And the pull rope shades - that's a rabbit hole.....get ready to spend some bux :) 

When you said you were going to call your dealer and complain - I actually felt a little bad. Let me re-state - YOU NEED your dealer and HE needs you. Buy him lunch and you guys sit down and talk about what you want and expect from your system. You will end up happier with C4 I promise.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.