C4 Forums | Control4

Cannot scroll in When>Then UI

Any advice appreciated on this one. We have a 4sight subscription and have created various automations with When>Then in the past. We are on OS2.10.6. Today we went to add an automation so logged on and brought up When>Then and then displayed our long list of automations. The list is long so they don't all display within the window. However the only scroll bar present scrolls the whole page which is largely full of an advert for OS3 and then the large site map. If we use search for an existing automation it finds it and we can select it but again all the controls don't fit within the frame and there seems to be no way to scroll the contents of the frame. This never used to be a problem. We have used the latest version of Safari, as well as Firefox and Chrome and the problem is the same with all of them. I am thinking there must be some really simple solution but just cannot find it. Could anybody point me in the right direction please?

The web interface is horrible.   Why a technology company has a web interface using frames in this day and age is beyond me.  Agree that if you have any decent number of automations, good luck scrolling through with the massive wastes of space in the design of the page with the huge header and footer of the page.

C4 needs to redesign the entire When -> Then web interface and really should think about a mobile-first design.

IDEAS:

• Tabs for each type of automation for organization- Voice, Scheduled, Keypad, and Button Presses, All
  • There should be a quick checkbox with ability to select multiple automations to Enable or Disable (for example, there are times when I don't want any of my scheduled automations to run), same for being able to delete
  • The Voice Control tab where you configure Alexa is counterintuitive and should be coupled with the main When -> Then page.  The current requirement to create a Voice command in When -> Then and then have to perform the extra step of checking a box under Voice Control (which doesn't always display everything unless refreshed by clicking the Save button) make little sense - plus then having to go into Amazon's Alexa app and performing a discovery, etc there is a PITA.
  • Everything should be designed to work on mobile
  • Speed needs to be improved massively

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.