C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone running Blue Iris 5 with Audio Obsessions Driver?

eggzlot

15 hours ago, eggzlot said:

Anyone update their PC to Blue Iris v5?  I wonder how it works with @Audio Obsessions paid driver.

Do not want to update BI until I hear from some people that it still works with c4/paid driver as I do not want to have to go back through everything and change it for the free c4 driver.

Thanks

What’s the benefit of the paid driver over the free one? I’m leaning towards a Blue Iris setup. 

40 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

What’s the benefit of the paid driver over the free one? I’m leaning towards a Blue Iris setup. 

no idea

I know 1-2 features the paid one could do that I would think the free one wouldnt do:

1) Ability to change BI profiles via programming in c4 (ie when alarm is off/we are home indoor cameras do not record - but when we leave, the BI profile changes and indoor cameras record when the alarm is set to stay/away or if the alarm is triggered and going off)

2) using the motion of cameras to trigger actions within c4 (ie turning on the lights)

I purchased the driver 3-4 years ago - at this point I just do not want any issues if I download BI 5 and my paid driver doesnt work.  I use feature 1 listed above daily.  And last but not least I just do not want to go back and add more drivers, reconfigure cameras, etc.  It works now, I do not want it to stop working 

2 hours ago, Baubas Cat said:

Still works exactly the same. I have had zero issues.

Good to hear the @Audio Obsessions driver still works with BI 5.  I have not heard much from him on the forums and some people cannot find where to buy the license, so I did not know if there was any more on going support.

• 1 month later...

The audio obsessions driver still works fine for me. 

I just noticed that blackwire designs has a new blue iris lite driver, thanks to Domaudio.  I've tried it and it works!

If anyone would like to purchase and have it installed, don't hesitate to contact me.

I think the AO driver had some cool things that you could do.  For example, create a hotspot over a light in the image from BI.  Then when you touch that spot the light would toggle, or whatever programming you wanted.

2 hours ago, dcovach said:

The audio obsessions driver still works fine for me. 

I just noticed that blackwire designs has a new blue iris lite driver, thanks to Domaudio.  I've tried it and it works!

If anyone would like to purchase and have it installed, don't hesitate to contact me.

What does the Domaudio one do that the free one doesn't?

What does the Domaudio one do that the free one doesn't?
Well for starters, it works. It's not possible to get the one from houselogix anymore. The c4 native driver doesn't work for everybody. Live feeds on navigators seem to freeze for most people. It does for me.

With the new driver programming is available for x, y button pushes on navigators. I'm assuming t3's as the docs doesn't say that specifically. It's a "lite" version so who knows if there will be a "heavy" version to follow.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What's the latest consensus on BI5 vs BI4 and the Audio Obsessions driver?  @eggzlot did you get your profile changes issue sorted?

My BI server crashed quite a while ago and I just got it back up, everything basic is working with BI5 and AO, but I haven't even gotten into advanced programming yet.

1 hour ago, turls said:

What's the latest consensus on BI5 vs BI4 and the Audio Obsessions driver?  @eggzlot did you get your profile changes issue sorted?

My BI server crashed quite a while ago and I just got it back up, everything basic is working with BI5 and AO, but I haven't even gotten into advanced programming yet.

so my profiles were not changing because something happened and my license wasnt valid.  I called AO, they gave me a new license and now it works.  I upgraded to BI 5 and still working.  That is really as "advanced" as my programming is with BI/C4.  I know you can do stuff like turn on a light if the camera senses motion during a certain time of day, etc but I havent really gotten into that yet.

11 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

so my profiles were not changing because something happened and my license wasnt valid.  I called AO, they gave me a new license and now it works.  I upgraded to BI 5 and still working.  That is really as "advanced" as my programming is with BI/C4.  I know you can do stuff like turn on a light if the camera senses motion during a certain time of day, etc but I havent really gotten into that yet.

Good to know they still respond even though they don't seem to be actively pushing the driver anymore.  My HC-800 isn't going to last forever and I want to be able to get a new license when I need it for a new Director.  I am going to dig into the programming again but don't want to go to all the trouble if it is going to be short-lived.  My old BI server crashed and I'm just re-doing from scratch instead of trying to find a config backup.  I just had basic stuff like showing if a door was locked or the alarm was on in an overlay.

EDIT: almost forgot I used the AO web support portal to open a ticket 9 MONTHS ago, I asked for status numerous times, and they never responded at all.  So yeah, don't waste any time with that, just call.  How quaint.

2 minutes ago, turls said:

Good to know they still respond even though they don't seem to be actively pushing the driver anymore.  My HC-800 isn't going to last forever and I want to be able to get a new license when I need it for a new Director.  I am going to dig into the programming again but don't want to go to all the trouble if it is going to be short-lived.  My old BI server crashed and I'm just re-doing from scratch instead of trying to find a config backup.  I just had basic stuff like showing if a door was locked or the alarm was on in an overlay.

I had to manually call them.  I didn't get the guy on the phone who wrote the driver, someone else but he laughed and said yeah they haven't really been pushing it much.  It still sits on the Houselogix server but for now that is still up and running.  He was able to create a new license key for me over the phone and send it to me via email.  It just took 1-2 calls for someone to pick up.  It was the phone # from their website http://www.audioobsessions.com/blue-iris-nvr.html

I filled out a ticket for help, no response for days which is why I started to call them.

So I’ve been doing a trial of BlueIris, and so far I’m impressed. I’m using an old and worn out PC for the trial so I’ll be building up a more powerful unit, but I’m sold on the solution. 

When it comes to Control4 integration, I already have the cameras (so far) all integrated using drivers for the specific cameras. I do like the thought of leveraging motion detection on the cameras to trigger lights, and creating a “hot spot” (as was described earlier) over the camera image to toggle lights. What’s the consensus on the best integration option of those currently available?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.