C4 Forums | Control4

NEEO Firmware

Baubas Cat

28 minutes ago, RyanE said:

If you're in watch, and you click on the source on the main page (like the roku icon, etc.), you get the proxy-specific buttons.

Not sure what you're asking for that's any different / better than that.

RyanE

Seems like back/cancel button is a common request especially in UK which isn't available. Maybe option to map what buttons from a normal say Tivo/Sky etc remote show up on that screen.

So far, I love it for Apple TV and hate it for Satellite TV (I pick up my SR260 for Satellite).  At first I thought that allowing mapping of buttons by source would solve my unhappiness but it won’t.

What would solve my unhappiness though would be to allow an alternative mapping of the buttons that can be changed programmatically... I would then swap between these mappings as source changes and, in certain contexts (which I could manage programmatically) on my satellite TV.

Alternatively, hard buttons missing for me are: info, blue, green (I never really use red or yellow!) and the transport controls (play, pause, ff, rwd).

The cancel (back in my language but not previous) button is a little small but I got used to it very quickly. 

I’ve had it almost two weeks now and I love it, I use it everyday for sky (sat) and regularly for Apple TV and fire stick, I use the chowmain driver for sky so I remapped the hard menu button to the guide function, once I did that the neeo is a dream to use, I’m not a channel surfer though, I always go to guide and scroll down using channel up/down. I might have to swipe the screen to get to the transport controls every now and again but the overall user experience of the neeo makes up for that extra step, for me anyway. The hard back button on the remote works exactly how I would expect it to on all sources, not sure what more people could want from a back button.

5 hours ago, Thepritch88 said:

I’ve had it almost two weeks now and I love it, I use it everyday for sky (sat) and regularly for Apple TV and fire stick, I use the chowmain driver for sky so I remapped the hard menu button to the guide function, once I did that the neeo is a dream to use, I’m not a channel surfer though, I always go to guide and scroll down using channel up/down. I might have to swipe the screen to get to the transport controls every now and again but the overall user experience of the neeo makes up for that extra step, for me anyway. The hard back button on the remote works exactly how I would expect it to on all sources, not sure what more people could want from a back button.

I want it to be a "CANCEL" button - that's what is used the most with Dish Network.

33 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

I want it to be a "CANCEL" button - that's what is used the most with Dish Network.

Does it not do the same thing? cancel on my SR260 does the same thing as back on my Neeo

this sounds like more of a driver limitation than a problem with the remote

can't you re-map the buttons in the dish driver?

31 minutes ago, RyanE said:

The 'back' button maps to CANCEL.

RyanE

Well, I'm traveling right now so I can't test it, but on my nightstand I have an SR250 and the NEEO. I use the SR250 to watch Dish because of this. The "Back" button doesn't do what I need it to do. I CAN find the cancel button, but it's in an awkward location on a section of the touchscreen that I have to swipe to. Maybe I used the wrong terminology, but I'm telling you there's a button I use ALL THE TIME with Dish that doesn't map to a hard button on the NEEO.

16 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

Well, I'm traveling right now so I can't test it, but on my nightstand I have an SR250 and the NEEO. I use the SR250 to watch Dish because of this. The "Back" button doesn't do what I need it to do. I CAN find the cancel button, but it's in an awkward location on a section of the touchscreen that I have to swipe to. Maybe I used the wrong terminology, but I'm telling you there's a button I use ALL THE TIME with Dish that doesn't map to a hard button on the NEEO.

I don't doubt it, but I don't think it's CANCEL.

Possibly the 'recall' (last channel) button?

Guide is the one I most miss on Comcast.

RyanE

2 minutes ago, RyanE said:

I don't doubt it, but I don't think it's CANCEL.

Possibly the 'recall' (last channel) button?

Guide is the one I most miss on Comcast.

RyanE

It has something to do with backing out of the menus in Dish. If I go in to the DVR, or the Prime Time Anywhere and I want to go back, I don't think the back button does it. I think it's a button I did find on the digital display. I just remember getting very frustrated. LOL.

On 12/2/2019 at 3:13 PM, Thepritch88 said:

I do get that and it would probably bug me too if I was in the US and I used dish, but I'm in the UK and back is used more than cancel so this change works for me 

How do you find it for Sky in general? 

How do you fast forward for example?

And is Guide a hard button? I use it a lot on Sky obviously.

I don't know what the issue is with my system but my remote still hasn't updated and got the comfort features yet. I don't know if its because I watch TV late at night and so the remote never updates but pretty frustrating that there is no way of manually starting the update.

4 hours ago, BraydonH said:

I don't know what the issue is with my system but my remote still hasn't updated and got the comfort features yet. I don't know if its because I watch TV late at night and so the remote never updates but pretty frustrating that there is no way of manually starting the update.

Are you sure that you have comfort visible in the room in question.  Silly question, I know... but I thought I did not have the Comfort update for 24 hours until I realized that I had the comfort icon hidden in the room where the Neeo defaults to...

I finally received a  reply from someone from NEEO about receiving firmware update release notes when changes are made. Here is what I was sent, "The Neeo remote by Control4 can update on it's own, without having to do a full OS update.  We don't have anything yet regarding these changes, but I will submit your feedback to receive these types of release notes as a customer.". It would be nice if they let people know what improvements are being made to a new product like this. Especially for a product that doesn't feel as capable as it could be.

On 12/4/2019 at 9:50 PM, AidenL said:

How do you find it for Sky in general? 

How do you fast forward for example?

And is Guide a hard button? I use it a lot on Sky obviously.

I'm finding it great to use with Sky, I'm the same as you in that guide is probably my most used button, by default guide appears on the touchscreen but using chowmains sky driver you can remap buttons, I mapped guide to the menu button on the remote control so now I do have a hard guide button, doing this made it so much better to use. Fast forward and all other transport buttons are on the touchscreen, I thought it would be annoying having to swipe to another screen for transport but it really hasn't bothered me, it might take you an extra half second to pause a show but its not a big deal, once your on that screen it doesn't change so you don't need to keep swiping back to it. I picked up my 260 yesterday just to try using it again and it felt huge and clunky,  its funny how quickly you get used to something when you use it every day

It would be nice to allow some custom mapping (preferably via programming) and also to allow one to choose which of the trol screens appear by default when choosing a source and to flip straight to them if one wants.

All of this plus backlights and I would be sold on the remote! Especially if security etc. are added in due course!

Just got my NEEO remote (thanks Neil!).  Still too early for full review, but so far quality of hardware and UI is very good.  I was just trying it with Apple TV and new Disney+, and I'm not understanding how to fast forward or rewind the movie.  Maybe this is a problem with Apple TV/Disney+ app and not C4 or NEEO as I just recently installed Disney+ app,  but using the NEEO onscreen FF or RW buttons, or even skip forward/back, isn't allowing me to scan through the movie.

Anyone else seeing this with Disney+?  I tried quickly with Netflix and it seemed to work OK.

Thanks,

Dino

3 hours ago, dinom said:

Just got my NEEO remote (thanks Neil!).  Still too early for full review, but so far quality of hardware and UI is very good.  I was just trying it with Apple TV and new Disney+, and I'm not understanding how to fast forward or rewind the movie.  Maybe this is a problem with Apple TV/Disney+ app and not C4 or NEEO as I just recently installed Disney+ app,  but using the NEEO onscreen FF or RW buttons, or even skip forward/back, isn't allowing me to scan through the movie.

Yes, I have experienced the same frustrations with the Disney+ app only.  I am looking forward to updates from Walt.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.