C4 Forums | Control4

NEEO Firmware

Baubas Cat

• 2 weeks later...

It's interesting.  I could have pretty much written the list of user likes/dislikes on the day of release.  I Kickstarter backed the original NEEO, and met the founder/founding team a couple of times.  The hardware looks nice, feels good in the hand, is beautifully packaged, BUT etc etc.

I'm surprised in some ways that C4 released this product in this form, but I hope that this is not the extent of the remote control roadmap for the foreseeable future.  A 2020-era remote control for $600 could and should be better than this, and it's not all fixable in code releases.  Can't help feeling that the timeline got rushed as a result of other external events.

Also kind of goes to show you some of the misinformation that gets put out there.

Remember a lot of folks on this forum theorizing “They bought the Neeo team to design new remotes.” Could still end up being the case, but so far they just designed the Neeo again. 

Kind of now how a lot of the enthusiastic end users are banking on a lot of the short comings with this remote being addressed in future firmware release. Could see this resulting in a lot of disappointment in the future. 

10 minutes ago, Brownbatsbreath said:

Could see this resulting in a lot of disappointment in the future. 

The NEEO team are used to it.  They managed to piss off their original users in just about every way conceivable.  I work with a lot of early stage founders and businesses, and by comparison this team were pretty poor.  They really lucked out with the C4 deal.

1 hour ago, Brownbatsbreath said:

Kind of now how a lot of the enthusiastic end users are banking on a lot of the short comings with this remote being addressed in future firmware release. Could see this resulting in a lot of disappointment in the future. 

We aren't going to add key backlighting or additional hard buttons through a firmware update.

:)

RyanE

I like the remote its cool but it doesn't have everything on it that I can do with my old remote  and my wife hates it so I still kept all the old remotes in ea room.  I tried to install it at my parents house thinking it be easier but it was more of a pain so I took it out.. I still like the sr250, it just works.. or has worked with really no issues unlike my sr260. which was why I was excited to change, but for now its just cool to look at and use from time to time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.