C4 Forums | Control4

Don't deal with BasicUser

msgreenf

User asked me to upgrade him and install the new Apple TV driver. We haggled over the price. Then agreed on a price lower then my normal upgrade fee. I did the upgrade but his Apple TV isn't pairing properly. Now he is backing out of paying and offering me $15. After working with him for over an hour.

An insult. Please don't help him on this forum.

Wow, sucks you got hassled like that but good it finally got worked out. 

I did a $8000 job for a customer here in NJ and I told him I will try to get his gate to work with control4 but no guarantee. I finished everything on the agreement except the gate because the gate motor itself was not even working.  He held $1000 back and I wasn't even charging him for the gate integration. I wish we could legally lock people out of their systems if we don't get paid.

and how did I not perform the job? You there were two parts to the job and OS upgrade which was completed successfully and an Apple TV pairing which was not. The only thing I asked for payment for was the successfully completed OS upgrade. I will post the chat when I get to a computer or you can

I came to this site (if you look at my question before I asked) with pairing my remote to Apple TV and you said you will fix that forget about OS update its no way helpful for my problem...and it was an addon when I don't get basic why I need add on... you should understand that and atleast be proactive next time and remember posting here doesn't harm me any way but as per our chat I made payment just to make you happy and you posted negative about me before we ended our conversation ..Hats off

In the thread you ask for two things. And I attempted both. I am sorry that we didn't have a good experience. There are hundreds of other members here that have. As I said I will post the chat. And as I also said if I get a fix from control4 I will install for free

@chopedogg88 as mentioned previously I don't know much about IP driver.... I have Apple TV4K device and Control 4 Remote pairing was working fine (Used only Control4 remote to navigate in Apple TV) until I updated Apple TV os and that was the only reason I came to this forum to get that pairing done... OS update was my add on... I understand there may be some limitations for some things getting done ....

11 minutes ago, BasicUser said:

Help me understand where I agreed for upgrade in the above chat 

but Still I would say it's not helping any one here...so delete the post

Post the chat, don’t post the chat, delete the post, post the chat... make up your mind... 🙄

Then you post a link that we can’t access...

This is the first time I have seen Mitch really irritated and all I can say is that he has given lots of us on this site good service and good advice over the years... 

So I draw my own conclusions...

2 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Post the chat, don’t post the chat, delete the post, post the chat... make up your mind... 🙄

Then you post a link that we can’t access...

This is the first time I have seen Mitch really irritated and all I can say is that he has given lots of us on this site good service and good advice over the years... 

So I draw my own conclusions...

Im new to this forum so didnt know you cant see with the link I pasted...as I was able to see ... and as its taking time for Mitch I thought I will post the chat... may be Mitch is really good but it didn't work for me .... Yes you can draw your own conclusions... I have no objection and this is the reason I was asking him to delete this post to save time for every one... 

6 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Nowhere can read that post. They dont have access. I was going to PDF it

Right now I'm picking up mommy and baby at the hospital. So I will post when I get to it

Mitch it's your discretion to post or not to post but for everyone's good better delete this discussion either before posting or after posting choice is yours...hope no one has any questions 

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.