C4 Forums | Control4

amazon fire cube

Tokead

Question

I'm looking at Roku or the amazon fire cube. One of the criteria is that I can plug in an ethernet cord as the device will be in teh basement and wifi may not be the best for streaming. Only the ROku Ultra available in the US (i'm in Canada),and  the amazon fire cube has that. I know there is a driver for the Roku. Is there anything for the Fire cube? Alternatively, is it such a big deal to buy the Roku in the US and know that I wont have access to all the services in Canada, e.g Crave

4 answers to this question

I have a TV with a Roku and I also have a cheap FireTV.  The advantage to the FireTV is, as you have indicated, that it has better apps for Canadians, especially CraveTV - gotta get your Letterkenny fix, eh?

It appears that the FireTV cube has an ethernet cable - presumably that plugs into the micro USB port.  I am not sure about FireTV control with C4 as I don't really use the FireTV that much.

I prefer Roku over the Fire products, on their own and when integrated with C4, but I’m in the US. There is an Amazon Fire C4 driver. There is a delay of around 1 second in response time each time you send a command (press a button on the remote) from Control4. Roku has much smoother/faster response.

4 hours ago, cshepard said:

I prefer Roku over the Fire products, on their own and when integrated with C4, but I’m in the US. There is an Amazon Fire C4 driver. There is a delay of around 1 second in response time each time you send a command (press a button on the remote) from Control4. Roku has much smoother/faster response.

thanks. I picked up a couple of Roku

On 12/2/2019 at 7:20 AM, zaphod said:

I have a TV with a Roku and I also have a cheap FireTV.  The advantage to the FireTV is, as you have indicated, that it has better apps for Canadians, especially CraveTV - gotta get your Letterkenny fix, eh?

It appears that the FireTV cube has an ethernet cable - presumably that plugs into the micro USB port.  I am not sure about FireTV control with C4 as I don't really use the FireTV that much.

ferda- Letterkenney on Hulu, all seasons...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.