C4 Forums | Control4

Panelized lighting

The power controller is used to control something like pool or any device that needs hi rush current at start, it has nothing to do with Panelized DIN lighting that C4 produces for International market.

I have most of my house on 4x8 Dimmer/Switch modules, rest of house I used 16xPuck Dimmer/Switch for Creating  a Good Zigbee Mesh!

Amr..... you missed the whole first part boss.... 

"

do you all thing that I could use the panelized lighting panel to control outlets and circuits in the house?"

Then......"

know c4 had.... anyone installed the Control4® Heavy-Duty Power Controller (ZCA-HPC10A)? If so, is it worth it?  And what's the cost?  "

We decided to do a hybrid system. All the main lights in the house are on panel, then the bathrooms and closets etc will be zigbee switches to create a mesh. Responsiveness is generally a little quicker on panel and it's hard wired so theoretically more redundant. 

8 hours ago, C4Jedi said:

Amr..... you missed the whole first part boss.... 

"

do you all thing that I could use the panelized lighting panel to control outlets and circuits in the house?"

Then......"

know c4 had.... anyone installed the Control4® Heavy-Duty Power Controller (ZCA-HPC10A)? If so, is it worth it?  And what's the cost?  "

Okay, my answer still the same then 😊, i went panelized panel for two main reasons:

1) Ability to use normal toggle switches with regular faceplates. C4 lighting is very modern to use and would’ve totally not blended with house interior

2) Cost effective, obviously it’s less cheaper to do 32 switch/dimmer panel than invest in 32 keypads

Am we’ll aware of the HPC but didn’t use it as I don’t have a use case for it.

No, I thought about using the panel to control OUTLETS, not lights.... you know hack the system (as in, use something differently in a way that it wasn't designed to do) then I saw the Heavy-Duty Power Controller (ZCA-HPC10A)...  has ANYONE Used the Heavy-Duty Power Controller (ZCA-HPC10A), is it worth it?

Side question on panelized lighting: has anyone had an issue where the backlight on the wired keypads became much brighter since the 3.0 update?

For the most part it's not a big deal, but shines out like a mini-flashlight through the gap between the up/down buttons. I have one right across from my bed and had to introduce some programming to turn it off with the goodnight scene because it was so bright. This was never like this before 3.0 (am on 3.1 now) and this isn't happening on the wireless keypads that I have installed. 

C4Jedi....interesting name.... Yes, you can use C4 panelized modules to control outlets. It’s not a hack. But it would be pretty expensive if that’s all you’re trying to do.

The Heavy Duty Power Controller has probably been discontinued for almost a decade, and would not be relevant for what you’re trying to do anyway.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.