C4 Forums | Control4

Does anybody who owns a Neeo also have the Kodi full driver?

paulromi

4 hours ago, Dylan Hirst said:

so I'd expect the same with Kodi.

That might be a stretch in logic - the two are not the same proxy I believe.

In fact I don't believe it displays the current movie playing (just the device), though I do believe you can search movies on it.

14 hours ago, Dylan Hirst said:

when I stream tidal the album art shows up, so I'd expect the same with Kodi.

Again, this is a stretch of logic, as the two things are NOT one and the same. One is a native streaming service that has no source associated with it. The other is an actual outside source that needs control and thus a selection so I would expect to see the Kodi Icon, not the current playing movie.

2 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Again, this is a stretch of logic, as the two things are NOT one and the same. One is a native streaming service that has no source associated with it. The other is an actual outside source that needs control and thus a selection so I would expect to see the Kodi Icon, not the current playing movie.

This is actually correct.  You don't see the current playing source purely because it is a multi proxy source.  The media player proxy which we need to utilise to provide the transport controls is what we use once the movie is selected.  This proxy does not support artwork.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.